Chapter 15

Your POV

It's been weeks since I started training to disarm bombs and landmines. Blasphemy was impressed with how fast I learned, but Fear...she almost never left her office. It started to worry me when I see her pacing back and forth from her window. Sometimes we get invaders that attack us and Blasphemy would lead the small charge on them. I remember that Fear loved to fight, but now she stopped seeing action.

I was able to pull Blasphemy aside one night to try to get answers.
"Why doesn't your sister leave her office?"

She paused.
"What? What are you talking about?"
She seemed to be hiding something.

"Fear. Why doesn't she fight? She use to fight with Jeff almost all the time. What happened?"
I pushed further.
"Is it because of her wing?"

She gulped and looked at me, or rather, behind me.

"Come to my office. Now."

I turned and saw Fear already walking back inside the Generals' building. I followed her to her office, where again she started pacing.

"You wish to know why I don't fight anymore? The answer can be difficult to understand, if you do not know everything."
She looked at me.
"Before your return, my wing was broken in the heat of a fight...well you should know that. I recovered and was able to fly again, but I realized my last kill in battle was of a little human girl. A prisoner to the fort we attacked. I couldn't bring myself to fight after that. I have a code that I follow that says that I will never attack or kill a child. Too innocent and pure..."
She looks away, trailing off.

I nod.
"It hit you where it hurts the most, you killed something that reminded you of Blasphemy when you two were human."

She sighs.
"Now you understand. You can tell Blasphemy that she can lead the fight to the fort."

I nod and run out to tell her. I find her in the yard already with the army.
"Fear said you can lead the fight."

She shook her head.
"No. I won't. But you will."

I look at her, surprised.
"Why? I can't lead an entire army!"

She looked at me with her soft golden eyes.
"This is your fight. Your fight to stay and to end this cruel war. The world needs a leader. Lead us on, and we all will follow you."

=====
I wake up and look around. The white bare walls of my prison remind me of where I was. I know what she meant and I need to lead. I look at my door...the landmines ahead of it. The soldiers that are held here with me in this prison...

...my fight starts now.

((Hello!! I am back!! I'm glad to be back to continue this work that you guys love. Thank you for being so loyal with this story and my others! This story will continue on! I'll see you in chapter 16!))