Chapter 16

Your POV

I try to stand, but the chains held me down from their weight on my weakened body. I sat up instead and notice, on a tray nearby, a small key. Under it was a note that says, 'It is your fight'. I do not recognize the handwriting, but it was the same words that Blasphemy had said. I reach with my foot and pull the tray to me. I used the training I've learned to get out of this bind I was in. Once completely free, I stand and go to the door. I had a slight limp from when the doctor attacked me. I see a window on the door looking out into the brightly lit hallway.

I jump back when an aid walks by. I stay quiet until their footsteps fade away down the hall. I look out again. The hall looked clear from my view, so I try the door.

'As I thought, locked.' I soon hear the clicking of heeled shoes. I back away from the door once more and my door unlocks. A note is slipped under the door and heeled footsteps continue down the hall. I pick up the note.

'This is my final gift to you to save yourself and your friends. Good luck Y/N'

I look at the door and try the handle. It opens and it creaks lowly. I step out into the hallway and look both left and right. It was empty except for the occasional cry of a lost one. I go to another door and see a chart. I read it and find a name, 'Raven'.

That's Fear's human name if I recall. I look in the door's window and see a figure with long hair laying on the floor. "Fear?" I call inside.

The figure stirs lightly. They look up and see me. "An odd name...isn't it?"

I sigh. "I'll get you out."

"No. No...you need to find the others first. They need your help to escape." She coughs. "But you need to find the prison's supply of suppressant. It is what they are using to keep our strength at bay." She coughs again and tries to sit up.

"Any ideas where it might be?" I watch her weak form sit up.

She shakes her head. "I do not know..." She goes quiet for a moment. "Blasphemy...my sister..."

I finally see what was holding her back, a tube dispensing a green liquid from a bag. I need to find the source of that bag. I go down the hall to my left and read names off of the charts. Everyone here was a soldier under the two sisters. I continued to the door at the end of the hall, my bare footsteps filling the silence that has just fallen. I reach for the door handle, but stop when I hear voices inside.

"What do you mean the therapy isn't working?"

"I mean it seems he's fighting it. You can look for yourself."

It was the doctor and a male aid. 'Who are they talking about?'

"Fine. I'll be down in a moment." The doctor sounded irritated.

After that, I heard a single set of footsteps coming towards the door. I moved to stand behind the door so I wouldn't be seen. The aid opens the door and walks down the hall.

I then silently follow him. He turns down another hallway and goes into the stairwell. I follow him down to the third floor and into another hallway. I watch him go into a cell. Walking up to the door gave me a feeling of dread. I jumped back as a loud scream of agony ripped out from the door. It was a male scream, but I was not sure if it was the aid.

I looked over the door as I noticed it had no window. I had to open it...but what was on the other side?