Chapter Four: Racing against the clock

It had been twenty-four hours since everyone arrived at the destroyed Phoenix Guild. Soon, everyone was healed. Not fully as no one had enough magical energy to heal everyone, however, they were healed to the point they could move without feeling pain. Etsuko was now better as well and as soon as she was healed, she was tackled into a hug by Lucy, Happy and Flame.

Everyone was walking up to the destroyed part of the guild, only to find it was no longer destroyed. Everyone went wide-eyed, but then they noticed Hakuoh hovering over a table as  if she was meditating. They saw a few objects being repaired, wood work being put together, as well as an archive open in front of Hakuoh.

"She's ok..." Emiko said with a sigh escaping her lips. Kino looked down as a shadow covered her face; her body shaking in anger. She gritted her teeth with her fists clenched tightly.

"Kino?" Makarov questioned as he noticed the shaking of the female guild master. A vein popped out of her head as her hair began to fly around and she began to glow a little. She then began to shout; making everyone fear her and back away from her.

"You idiot! Save your energy! Fixing the guild and searching for that woman at the same time will make you collapse again!" Hakuoh's eyes widened as she fell on the table. Everything being fixed fell to the ground and the archive disappeared. Hakuoh sat up, rubbing the bottom of the back as she looked at Kino. 

"Master, please calm down." Kiyomi said. Hakuoh and Kino were staring at each other. "Haku is only trying to help the best she can." Kiyomi added. Kino sighed as she walked to a bar stool and sat on it.

"So Kino, what is the plan of action?" Makarov question.

"We search for information on the woman, but first, we search for something else, or rather, someone else." Kino explained with a serious expression on her face. Everyone looked at her, ready to hear her plan.

"Who is this person?" Makarov questioned.

"They are not a person." Etsuko stated as she walked to Hakuoh. She placed her arm out and Hakuoh held it. A light went around the two, and everyone watched.

"What do you mean by that?" Natsu asked as he watched the light getting slightly brighter. It then soon dimmed down and Hakuoh opened her archive. Afterwards, she began to type as a picture of a beast with glowing eyes.

"What is that?" Eve questioned with fear rising in his eyes.

"Something I met a few years ago. Let's just say he owes me a favour. He might be able to help us find this woman." Etsuko explained. Sweat then began to run down her face as her sight went blurry. She then suddenly fell into the table as she placed her hand on her head, her body shaking slightly.

"Etsuko?" Flame gasped in worry as she flew to Etsuko. A light glowed around Etsuko. Everyone stepped back as the light completely covered her. Everyone was blinded by this bright light. They covered their eyes with their arms as a strong wind went around the guild hall.

"What's going on?!" Wendy exclaimed.

"Could it be the spell?!" Kaisai questioned loudly. The light soon dimmed down. Everyone looked and saw Etsuko on the ground facing down. Hakuoh jumped off the table and went beside her. Everyone surrounded her as Hakuoh shook her gently.

"Etsuko. Wake up." Hakuoh said.

"Urm guys, she looks a little shorter than before."  Sting pointed out. Everyone looked at her and saw he was right. Her clothes have also changed. She was now wearing a black top with sleeves that rested on her shoulders, a lilac dress underneath and black boots that went to the middle of her carves.

"That's what she wore when she was 14..." Daisuke said as he rested his hand on his chin while examining the unconscious female.

"So... She's now 14?" Erza questioned with wide eyes. Etsuko finally moved a little. Everyone watched as she pulled herself up with her arms.

"What..." She mumbled with a softer voice. She then sat up, her back still facing everyone. "Haku? Why do you look older and taller?" Etsuko questioned.

"Etsuko...?" Emiko questioned with a worried expression on her face, panic raising in her eyes. Etsuko slowly turned her head to reveal her younger self. Everyone eyes went wider. She moved back with wide eyes as she saw everyone staring at her.

"W-who are you? Why are there so many of you? There aren't this many people in the guild..." Etsuko said with panic raising, showing in her eyes and tone of voice.

"Oh no... She's 14 years old again..." Yukichi gasped.

Tbc...