Chapter Twelve

"Hakuo-!" Kiyomi began to say as she was about to run towards Hakuoh, but suddenly a shadow pierced through her stomach. Everyone's eyes widened, as did Kiyomi's. Hotaru smirked.

  "Don't get in my way, girl." Hotaru spoke as the shadow pulled out of Kiyomi's stomach. Kiyomi fell to her knees before falling to the ground.

  "Ki...yo..." Emiko spoke with wide eyes as tears formed in her eyes. All of a sudden shadows pushed everyone back into the bookshelves and wrapped around their bodies, disabling them from moving.

Chapter Twelve

  Hotaru walked over to Kiyomi and placed his foot on her side.

  "Don't touch her!" Jinsune shouted as he tried to break free of the shadows. Hotaru just smirked as he pushed Kiyomi onto her other side so her motionless body was facing him.

  "What a shame, she's actually kind of cute." Hotaru stated as he crouched down, moving her hair out of her face. "Ah well, shouldn't have gotten in my way." Hotaru stated as he stood up and began to walk over to Hakuoh, who was staring at Kiyomi. Tears were running down her cheeks as a shocked expression showed on her face. Hotaru stood in front of her, smirking as he placed one hand on her face, making her look at him. "Heh, you're pretty cute too. Ah well, the boss wants you so I better take you to him."

  "Don't touch her." All of a sudden Hotaru was pushed back by someone else's body. He tried to catch himself from falling, however, he ended up hitting the ground. Hotaru looked up and saw Akihito frowning while glaring down at him. "You should check you've got a hold of everyone next time." Akihito stated. "Rogue! Now!" Akihito called out.

  "Shadow dragon roar!" Hotaru looked to his left and saw shadows coming close to him. His eyes widened before he suddenly went into the ground as a shadow. Just as the attack was about to hit the bookshelf, a shield appeared between the shelves and the attack. The shield seemed to have consumed the attack. Akihito looked at Hakuoh, but Hakuoh shook her head.

  "The books are enchanted to protect themselves from damage." Hakuoh explained. Akihito nodded his head and began to try and break Hakuoh free while Rogue went to free Sting by eating the shadows.

  "A dragon slayer?" Everyone turned their heads to see Hotaru standing in the middle of the room while panting with a frown. "There's a shadow dragon slayer here?!" He exclaimed. He seemed angry by the fact there was a shadow dragon slayer. Rogue frowned as he turned to face Hotaru.

  "Hey, you could have finished freeing me first!" Sting exclaimed. He had one hand stuck to the shelf. He began to pull at the shadows, but they didn't move. Rogue walked towards Hotaru and Hotaru walked towards Rogue. They both had shadows forming around their bodies, but all of a sudden a bright light caught the corner of their eyes and a shadow formed over them.

  "Fire dragon iron fist!" Both shadow users jumped back as the pink haired salamander hit the floor with his fist full of fire.

  "Natsu!" Lucy gasped happily. Hotaru growled at the fire dragon slayer, which caught Natsu's attention.

  "Hey, don't I know you?" Natsu asked as he pointed his finger at Hotaru. Hotaru had sweat run down his face as Rogue facepalmed.

  "He's the guy who attacked the Phoenix Guild members during the Grand Magic Games! How can you forget that?!" Lucy exclaimed with sweat running down her face.

  "Oh, that guy." Natsu said.

  "Ice-Make: Hammer!" A voice called out. A hammer made of ice appeared over Hotaru and was about to hit him, however, the Akuma quickly dodged his attack by rolling to the side. Everyone turned their heads to look at the gates to see the group who went to find the beast.