Chapter three

1942

Adelaide practically ran onto the Hogwarts train. She had slept in and the train was about to leave. The train hooted just as she got inside and started to leave. She let out a breath of relief and walked into her train compartment.

"Tsk ten miss Gray. Nearly late for your first day back at Hogwarts and not to mention you're now a prefect," a mocking voice called out to her.

Adelaide smiled at her friends comment.
"I think the word nearly is important in that sentence, mr Riddle," Adelaide fired back. "How was your summer Tom?" She asked.

Adelaide didn't fail to notice how handsome Tom had grown over the summer. His cheek bones and jaw line stood out more. His hair had grown darker and fell neatly into place and not to mention his eyes. They were beautiful, dark but blue when the light hit them. She had a crush on her best friend like every other girl in Hogwarts. They were all jealous of her since she was the only person who got his full attention. But would never tell Tom how she felt. She couldn't risk ruining their friendship. Their friendship was the most important thing in Adelaide's life.

Tom trusted Adelaide with everything. He told her about his childhood, which included him being a half blood. She helped him find out more about his family, she even proved to him that his wizard blood was from his mother since he was being completely stubborn about the whole thing. Tom claimed that it couldn't possibly be his mother because she was weak and died in childbirth, to which Adelaide rolled her eyes and proved him wrong.
He was thankful that she done that considering that led to him finding out about the chamber of secrets. He is a descendent of salazar Slytherin. But he still has yet to find the chamber.

"Same as always," he distastefully muttered. How was your summer, Adelaide?" Tom sighed, putting away his book.

Like her, Tom also noticed how Adelaide had changed over the summer. He already knew that she went on holiday since her skin had grown darker and her hair lighter. Her body had become more curvy. She was beautiful and anyone would be foolish to deny it. Even him.

"I went to America," Adelaide said in a happy time. "And I Met a boy," Adelaide shyly added on whilst looking down bashfully.
This sparked Toms interest completely and much to his confusion it wasn't in a good way. The thought of Adelaide been with a boy made him feel somewhat angry and something he wouldn't never admit to anyone, jealous.

"Go on," He prodded impatiently.
His soul piercing gaze made Adelaide unsure if she actually wanted to tell him. But she decided to push that away saying to herself that Tom wouldn't care if she was with another boy, he probably just thinks she spent her summer with a muggle. So she decided to joke about it.

"Who knew you liked girl talk, Tom?" Adelaide teased him and his glare managed to get even more nerve racking, so she decided to continue. "Yeah I spent my holiday with James Scourer, he goes to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and-"

"He sounds like an idiot," Tom interrupted her by muttering under his breath.
Adelaide raised her eyebrows and sat up straight.
"You don't even know him," Adelaide hissed to him.

"Neither do you. You spent four weeks with him," Tom said, in a matter-of-factly tone.
"Excuse me Tom, but he was a complete gentlemen and I enjoyed my time with him. We even agreed to owl each other," Adelaide bragged to him.
"Isn't that just wonderful," Tom sarcastically said.
He stood up and went to leave.

"Where are you going?" Adelaide asked thinking he was being petty.
"To the prefect meeting." Tom said." "If you read the letter that came along with the badge you would know about it," Tom scolded her. "She was probably too busy reading her mail from James," Tom muttered under his breath but Adelaide heard him.