Chapter ten

1942

Adelaide took her time when she walked down to the common room, the next morning.

After Adelaide and Tom broke away from the kiss, they stared at each other for a few moments. No words were exchanged at all. Then they walked back to their dormitories in a comfortable silence.

Now Adelaide was dreading what was going to happen next. It could go two ways; Tom would pretend that last night didn't happen, or Tom wouldn't be waiting for her downstairs and he would never speak to her again.

Adelaide's heart sped up when she saw Tom waiting for her. His uniform was perfect as always as was his shiny prefect badge that sat proudly on his cloak. His hair was soft and neat and his face held a small smile as he spotted Adelaide.
She couldn't stop the grin that made its way on her face or the blush that rose to her cheeks.

Stop that. Adelaide silently shouted at herself.

"Good morning, Adelaide." Tom greeted.
"Morning Tom." Adelaide smiled back, her voice didn't betray her like her body which she was thankful for.

They headed down to breakfast and it started off as them both just sitting and eating in silent. But Adelaide's mind started to want knowledge. She didn't want to pretend like last night didn't happen. She wanted to know what tom though about last night. And most of all, she wanted it to happen again.

Tom was Adelaide's first kiss and she was his.
That was something special to Adelaide. He had always been her first for everything so far and she didn't want that to stop now.

"Adelaide." Tom said, making her realise that she was staring.
She flushed red and let out a nervous laugh, which made Tom smirk.
"Something bothering you, Adelaide?" Tom asked with a sly smirk.
Adelaide nervously bit her lip. She knew that he knew exactly what was bothering her. But Tom was a tease and he was going to enjoy this.

"No." Adelaide lied.
"Oh really?" He asked.
Adelaide nodded, she didn't want to talk about it anymore. Not if he was going to be like this.

"So nothing is going through your mind right now. No need for knowledge to ease your curious mind about let's say..." He pretended to think for a moment. The smirk never left his face once. "Last night?" He asked.

Adelaide's face blushed. She needed to control herself. She couldn't speak, no words could form.

"Ahh there it is." Tom proudly said. Then his face grew serious. "What do you want to know, Adelaide?" He asked.
This was the Tom Adelaide wanted to speak to right now.

"What do you think about what happened last night?" Adelaide asked, whispering the last part.
Tom smirked a little.
"We didn't do anything bad, you don't need to whisper." Tom whispered back, mocking her.

"Shut up and answer the question." Adelaide hissed.
"You're mine, Adelaide." Tom causally said but his eyes were dark and serious. The moment Tom said those two words, Adelaide's life seemed perfect to her. He wanted her and she would happily be his.
"You always have been, I didn't realise it till last night." He added.

Adelaide was positive her heart stopped beating for a second.
"How do you feel about this, Adelaide?" Tom asked.

"What do you mean about me being yours?" Adelaide dumbly asked him.
Tom sighed.
"Dating or a relationship." Tom muttered whilst rolling his eyes.
"Okay fine." Adelaide agreed. She didn't know what to do or say. She was a little surprised that Tom didn't have a contract ready for her to sign, being the perfectionist he is.

"Well then, I guess is going to Hogsmeade tomorrow will actually be a date." Adelaide awkwardly added on.
Tom shook his head in amusement.
"Yes it is, Adelaide." He confirmed. He held out his hand for them to go to class together.