Chapter twenty one

"Most people are good and occasionally do something they know is bad.

Some people are bad and struggle everyday to keep it under control.

Others are corrupt to the core and don't give a damn, as long as they don't get caught.

But evil
Is a completely different creature.

Evil
Is a bad that believes it is good. "

~Karen Marie Moning~

1998

Hidden in the forbidden forest was the an old wooden hut that was once protected by centaurs. Now it was abandoned and whatever was inside was now vulnerable.
Dumbledore had Adelaide's sleeping 'corpse' placed in there for her to be safe until she would finally awake.

So in the middle of the small hut, was Adelaide laid upon a bed. She hadn't aged a day since 1943. Her Olivia skin still looked healthy, as did her long brown hair. Her eyelashes started to flutter and her fingers started to twitch, before her a gasp escaped her mouth and the once peaceful figure sat up.
Her brown eyes searched over the place and she panicked for a moment. The talk she had had with Dumbledore was fresh in her mind. But one person was slowly but surely taking over it. Tom.
She needed to find him. She needed to see him.

With shaky legs, Adelaide cautiously stepped off the bed and her bare feet touched the cold floor. She used the wall as balance until she could finally walk unaided.
She recognised her surroundings, the forbidden forest. She would be lying if she said she was frightened, the forest was terrifying during the day, never mind the night. But Adelaide was determined and so she ran through the forest ignoring the terrible feeling of the floor on her feet.

She stopped still in her tracks when she heard whispering. Adelaide peaked through one of the trees and spotted a group of people dressed all in black. Some of them had the symbol she recognised on their wrists. Death eaters.
Cautiously, Adelaide stepped out from behind the trees and all their heads turned to face her.

"Who are you?" A sinisterly whisper asked. A woman with wild curly hair and a hunched figure stepped towards her, raising her wand.
Adelaide took a step back and opened her mouth to answer but she was quite frightened. She realised that she didn't really think this plan through.

"Adelaide?" A shocked voice asked.
A figure came out from the behind the group of hooded figure. A person she had been desperate to see.

Like her Tom hadn't changed. He still was handsome as he was before. However, his aura seemed much more powerful though. Adelaide felt as if a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. She didn't realise how much she had missed him.

She grinned and ran over to embrace him.
Dumbledores words slipping to the back of her mind.

Voldemort embraced the girl in front of him, despite the confusion that was plaguing his thoughts.
How does she recognise me? He thought.

Voldemort pulled away and looked into the eyes of the girl he had lost long ago. To say he was surprised by what he saw would be an understatement.
There in her brown eyes was his reflection. However, his appearance was completely different. He looked like the boy that Adelaide had fell in love with. Voldemort looked down at his hands to see them the same sickly white colour.

He smiled in triumph. She didn't see him for who he really was. To her, he was still the student with the achievements that would benefit everyone.
So he decided to stay silent and continue on as everything was some what normal.

"I've missed you so much." Adelaide whispered to him.
They could both feel the piercing states coming from the death eaters. Voldemort turn around and gave them a spine chilling glare that made their gaze drop to the floor.
"What happened? How are you here?" Voldemort asked her.
"I'll explain everything soon. Let's go, Tom. I've already wasted so much of my life. I've heard of what you've accomplished whilst I've been away. Let's go, together and we can have anything we want." Adelaide suggested with a beam in her eyes.

"Okay. We will. As soon as I've finished this little task and then we can do anything you want." He promised which made Adelaide's smile grow even more. "Go to the Malfoy manor and wait for me there." He told her.
"I will. Be quick." She ordered and kissed him on the cheek, before walking back through the forest.

Adelaide finally found an opening and was about to apparate to the manor, but something stopped her. A noise.
She squinted her eyes and spotted Hogwarts. That's where the horrifying noise was coming from. She could hear screams and cries.
Adelaide wanted to pretend she couldn't hear the noise and just leave. But her conscience and body had a different opinion than her heart. And so she walked in the direction of the school.

The blood from Adelaide's body seemed to run cold. Chilling goosebumps appeared on her arms and tears stung her eyes at the sight she saw.
Hundred. Hundreds of bodies were scattered across the ground she used to walk on. Families were sobbing over corpses. People clinging to each other covered in blood.

What has happened here?

Adelaide grabbed the arm of a young boy who walked past her.
"What has happened?" She asked him.
The boy who was covered in cuts and bruises gave her a confused look.
"What do you mean?" He asked. "We are war with the death eaters. This." He sadly gestured to the horrific scene around them. "Is all because of Voldemort." He spat the name with so much disgust it made Adelaide flinch. "He has ripped families apart." He whispered before running over to a group of students.

Adelaide once again looked at the battle ground.
No. This wasn't him. He can't of. No. Adelaide repeatedly thought to herself.

However, Dumbledores words kept on running through her mind.

No longer the boy you fell in love with.

He has become a monster.

Open up yours eyes and face your fear, Adelaide

Adelaide shook her head to try and rid her head of the thoughts. So She ran over to the groups of people and offered to help those in need.

Adelaide watched in confusion as everyone started to go outside. She followed them to see what was happening.
"Harry Potter is dead!" A menacing voice cheered.

Adelaide pushed herself through the crowd.