Chapter 3: Mom

Kaito groaned as his alarm clock went off and growled. He tried to reach for the alarm clock which beeped repeatedly, annoying him each time the damn thing went off but felt something heavy on his arm. Still groggy, he opened his eyes slightly and saw the detectives face right in front of him, causing him to jump up and wake up the sleeping detective. 

"Too damn early," Shinichi muttered and covered himself with the blanket, drifting off to sleep again, leaving Kaito flushed red, sitting upright  on the bed next to him. 

I thought I was gonna die early cause of a heart attack or something, Kaito thought while trying to calm himself down. Sitting there blankly for a few minutes he tried to remember what he had to do and remembered. "Shit, I have school!," he near yelled and rushed to take off his clothes and put on his uniform, leaving a short note on the desk where his alarm was for the detective who had fallen back asleep and rushed out the door.

"Dammit, why the hell did I get so flustered just now?," he muttered to himself silently and sighed. I'll just think about it later. Approaching Ekoda high school, he put on his normal smile to start the day off and rushed off to his classroom to let the show begin.

Sliding the door open, he found several pairs of eyes already on him, all of them expecting something crazy. Well all except one which was Hakuba Sugaru, a detective which suspected that Kaito was indeed, the phantom thief Kid. A detective that Kaito particularly liked to pick on. 

"Kaito!," his childhood friend, Aoko, waved with a smile, which turned into a slight frown. "Where were you yesterday? I was going to call you for dinner like usual and you didn't answer like usual." Then, Kaito tensed up very slightly, remembering how Shinichi had acted the night before and blushed, which the annoying blonde detective had somewhat noticed. 

"I...just had stuff to do yesterday. That's all," he answered and was able to maintain his poker face and smiled a big grin. "Oh also, nice black panties. How sexy." The Kaito in front of her had been swapped with a dummy and the real Kaito had looked beneath the table.

At this the girl blushed harshly and picked up a mop from who knows where and started swinging at the magician who only smirked even more with each swing. The bell rang and the teacher walked in and sighed slightly, along with most of the class. to anyone else, it probably would have been abnormal and crazy. But this was Ekoda High School class 2-B. The class of the infamous Kuroba Kaito. 

"BAKAITO!," Aoko screamed when she realized he had flipped her skirt for everyone to see. Using the mop like a fencing sword, she stabbed at the magician while the teacher just continued on with class like always. About 10 minutes into the class, everything had settled down again and everything continued while a certain detective had just woke up from his sleep.

Shinichi yawned for the fifth time and decided to finally get up out of the bed he was laying in after about 15 minutes of procrastinating and wondering if he should just go to sleep for the rest of the day or actually get up. That was until he felt a need to drink something 

Glancing around at his surroundings, Shinichi realized that Kuro- Kaito had left a note for him and thought that it was pretty nice of him, considering the fact that he seemed to like to "fool around" with the police. Well that was until he read the note.

'Shinichi,' it started, 'feel free to take whatever is in the kitchen and if your cooking, don't burn my house down.' A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. An insult first thing in the morning. What an amazing way to start the day. He trudged down the steps, practically dragging himself down the stairs and into the kitchen to find one thing, and one thing only. 

Coffee. 

It was the best way to wake himself up, and he knew it, even if he couldn't remember that much about himself. Soon finding the ground coffee beans, Shinichi made himself some warm coffee and decided that would be enough for the morning.