Chapter 14: Kudo

Jesus Christ. My God. I really need them in my life.

Re-reading this whole story made me cringe like SO BAD. Like, I think my face just turned into a permanent cringe meme face thingy and every time I go come home and think about this, my face just scrunches up like asjkdjhfsd.

Well that's enough rambling from me. Sorry for making all of you people wait for this part. 

Shinichi's nap was short lived since his senses were tingling at the feeling of being watched. He was under the heavy arm of Kaito, his face buried under the magician's chest. He heard no footsteps come towards them, but he could practically feel the stare burning into his back.

Shinichi took a deep breath, gathering some courage from somewhere within him and kicked out behind him sharply. He slipped out from under Kaito in one smooth move and swirled to look at the intruder.

...or not.

He came face to face with a Kaito's mom who had hopped back, barely dodging the kick that was sent flying to her face. His tension was released within a few seconds and slid down on the couch. He caught the sight of a camera in her hands before she put it away and sighed. Of course that would be the reason.

"I...am so sorry Ms.Chikage," Shinichi said aloud with a small, relieved smile.

"No, no! It's alright Shinichi-kun," the lady said with a smile. "You should probably wake Kaito up too. Especially since I brought a few people who might want to meet you two right now." He smiled, watching her leave to enter the kitchen where a few other people seemed to be and turned to wake up Kaito.

"Kaito! Wake up!," Shinichi said, shaking the other who just mumbled a little bit. "Wake up!," he called a bit louder, receiving more incoherent grumbles. Sure, Kaito didn't really get much sleep, and he did feel bad, but it wasn't like Shinichi had it any better. "Bakaito," Shinichi whispered in his ear, remembering his childhood friend's insulting name for him and wasn't that surprised when Kaito jolted awake in panic.

But surprise surprise, this time is was Kaito who hit his head in Shinichi's. And Shinichi didn't really like being on the receiving end, but that was alright for now. They had other problems to deal with.

"Shin-chan? What is it?," Kaito asked, just partially awake. "Is something wrong? Are my babies bothering you?" Shinichi then remembered he had fallen asleep with his jacket on that had at least half a dozen birds resting there. He sighed in relief when he saw all of the birds perched on the couch next to him and wondered how he had missed them when he first got up.

"Your mom is back from where ever she went. She brought back a few friends that wanted to meet us aparently," Shinichi explained quickly, taking off his jacket and slinging it on the couch's armrest. Kaito got up quickly at the mention of his mom.

"Where are they?," Kaito asked with a grin, now fully awake and running. Snapping his fingers, he somehow changed both his and Shinichi's rumpled outfits into something more presentable and comfy. Shinichi pointed to where the kitchen was, and in seconds he was being dragged off by an all too hyper Kaito, his arm nearly ripping off.

"Kaito! Shinichi-kun managed to finally wake you up," Chikage said with a smile when she heard the two arrive. She then gestured to her two guests who seemed a bit shocked at the scene in front of them. "Kaito, Shinichi-kun, these are Yuusaku-kun and Yukiko-chan!"

"Shin-chan! What are you doing here?," Yukiko asked, practically jumping onto her son who yelped at the strange feeling of being hugged by a stranger(?) and fell backwards. "How come you never call or talk to us anymore? All you do is ask your father for advice. Your mommy would like some attention too!" Yuusaku must have noticed Shinichi's very confused look and gently pulled his wife off of him. Shinichi got up, pat the dust off his pants and hid slightly behind Kaito in fear of another attack like the other one.