Chapter 7: Shot

Sorry but not showing any m-rated stuff....for now *wink wink* (mostly because I need to research some things) and god, now that I think about it, trying to update is like a living hell right now. Even typing five words a day would be an accomplishment at this point. 

High school is such a pain in the ass T^T My grades are decent enough I guess... but still, so much work just trying to get out of bed. Shinichi and I are not morning people, and it sucks trying to get up so early.

But you know what? Who cares cause Christmas break is coming up in like 1 week. And what is Christmas? The day where you get presents~

Sorry for not updating in so long, but there will be a Christmas Special for this story :3

Until next time~

Kaito made his way out of the bathroom after a couple of minutes, making his way to the table where Shinichi was already sitting and eating his lunch. He was holding his Sherlock Holmes book with a bright blue gaze, skipping over the words as if he already knew it by heart. But that's not possible, Kaito thought with scrunched eyebrows, desperately trying to make himself believe it was possible. But why was he feeling that way?

"Kaito?," Shinichi called out, glancing up from his book and up at Kaito. "You do realize you've just been standing there for like 3 minutes right?" 

"Oh, sorry," he chuckled and sat down, taking some chocolate covered croissants and stuffing his mouth with it. He looked up briefly at Shinichi who was nibbling on a piece of lettuce from a salad. "Why don't you eat some more?," he voiced, startling Shinichi into almost dropping his book.

"Okay," he answered, his gaze refocusing on the book but started looking up more often to stuff some more food in his mouth when his phone buzzed slightly, signaling a text. "Hattori Heiji?" he read from the screen, looking over at Kaito who's face have away nothing but cheerfulness. "He was that maniac guy who was shouting before at Hakuba-kun's house," Shinichi said, remembering.

"Ouch, I don't think your best-friend-before-amnesia would appreciate you calling him a maniac," Kaito said with a laugh, feeling slightly bad for the Osakan detective who would probably be fuming at this point if he heard. "Well what did he text?"

"He asked when I'll be coming over, and if I come today, it better be soon," Shinichi said with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Now that I think about it, I don't think Hakuba-kun mentioned you being with me," he said with a laugh. "So much for a friend."

Kaito just laughed at this, slipping the phone out of Shinichi's grip, texting Hattori at an amazing speed. The detective just stared at the speed of Kaito's hands and ate his food silently.

"I just told him that he should have a room big enough for two because another person's gonna come," Kaito smirked and looked down at the phone which buzzed, signalling another text. "He asked if you have a girlfriend coming over. God, what a surprise he's gonna be in for!" The magician took another croissant from the basket and munched on it, giving the phone back to Shinichi who just stuffed it in his pocket.

"Well we better pack once your done," Shinichi stated, getting up from his seat, eyes still glued on his book while he maneuvered his way up the stair towards Kaito's bedroom, only to make his way back down. "Never mind, I forgot I don't live here," he muttered with a blush. He had realized he got so used to living here in just two days to the point where it seemed natural.

"You might as well move in," Kaito joked half heartedly and saw as Shinichi actually considered it.

"Who knows when I'll actually regain my memories," Shinichi said, and smiled. "Besides, even if I did, I don't know if I would even want to move out." The magician blushed slightly but grinned, facing the detective.