God Gave Me You***

Chapter 5: God Gave Me You

Bill's P.O.V

He was smart and powerful. That was for sure. I never realised the raw potential this boy had. I just assumed he was a nuisance that I needed to be rid of, but that never came around. Even during Weirdmageddon, I still saw him as a toy. Another piece in my wheel. But now, I think the gods above us sent— no, gave him to me.

My world was dark, and I found joy in that. But the more time I spent around Pine Tree, I realised that there was something other than pain that I could give. Hope, love, honesty. I could share my own, raw human feelings, things that I haven't seen in centuries. It was as if I had been sent and angel to help me in my life, and that angel was Pine Tree.

"Bill! Am I even doing this right?!" A smile graced my face and I wanted to laugh. So, Pine Tree was learning defensive spells, and I may or may not have hidden the fact that most of them will involve casting them in the air, meaning you need to fly.

"You're fine! Just relax and stay calm, and I'm sure everything will be alright!" Pine— Dipper groaned. He was adorable. There was something about him, I just— I couldn't put my finger on it, but every little thing he did, it made me so happy.

"Bill! I'm not so sure about this! Is there anything else I can do?!" I laughed, walking over to Dipper, allowing my own self to join him in the air. Once I was in front of him, I grabbed onto his hands, steadying the poor boy. I laughed as he continued to shake.

"Pine Tree, you need to relax. You won't be going anywhere if you don't relax." Dipper's eyes widened.

"Relax? Bill, you want me to relax?" I nodded and he scoffed, "Bill, I'm fifty feet up in the air! If I relax I fall!" I laughed and shook my head.

"When you relax, the power flows more naturally. It's like finding inner peace, but it's not inner peace." Dipper growled,

"Then don't say inner peace!" I laughed again, letting go of Dipper's hands before he could notice. Dipper went down a little bit, but his floating quickly became stable, and he was no longer shaking or scared. My lips curled up slightly,

"See, it's not that hard Angel." Dipper froze.

"Angel?" As he repeated the word back to me, I froze. Oh god— does he think I'm weird? My body quickly dropped back down to the ground, and I walked over to my previous location by a tree.

"Just concentrate Pine Tree, and everything will be fin—" A hand grabbed my shoulder turning me around. Dipper— what are you doing? I sighed. "Look, just ignore th—" Dipper cut me off,

"Who's Angel?" What? I cocked my head confused. Does he think I called him someone else by mistake? Oh— that won't be good.

"You are," I muttered, my face flushing. Why was I admitting thing so easily to this boy? Wasn't I supposed to be using him for my evil plan? Oh yeah, I had a plan.

"Why did you call me that?" My eyes widened and my face flushed even deeper. What am I supposed to say to that? What kind of person asks why they get a nickname? He never questioned Pine Tree, so why Angel?

Dipper's P.O.V

Why did he call me that? Angel doesn't sound like a nickname, it sounds like the name of a person. But Bill's reaction, it confuses me. He is blushing, and he's looking away. Bill is never like this. Bill is the outgoing, insane, never stopped by anything dream demon— so why is he acting like this?

"Bill. Why did you call me Angel? That's not me. I'm Pine Tree, I'm Dipper fucking Pines, so who the hell is ANGEL!" Anger was pumping through my veins. Why wasn't Bill giving me an answer?! Bill cowered slightly from me, only slightly, but I noticed. What's going on with me? Where is all this anger coming from? Why am I being so horrible?