We Don't Have To Dance***

Chapter 16: We Don't Have To Dance

Mabel's P.O.V

She was nice. Well, as nice as someone really rude can get. But she was sad, so I guess that gave her an excuse. But I guess since I was still really confused about everything going on, she was too.

'Do you even understand these powers?' I shook my head.

"No, I never even considered doing magic. That was more Dipper's thing. But, if I may ask, what were your powers like?" The voice inside me stilled, and I wondered if I upset her. I frowned as I walked into the kitchen, rummaging the cupboard for food.

'My powers were always minimal. Dipper was the stronger one of the pair if you haven't noticed.' I sighed and nodded.

"Hey, Mabel!" Someone was talking to me, but I was too busy trying to find some chips, maybe gummy bears. "Mabel, you have a visitor!"

"So what happened between you and your friends. I don't know the full story on that one." Mabel sighed and I rolled my eyes, finally finding a packet of gummy bears in the cupboard; awesome!

'We were never originally friends. In all honesty, it was just Dipper and me for so long, and I think— I think we grew lonely. Gideon and Pacifica, they were different. They never let my brother bring them down, and no matter how much we hurt them, they always came back to learn more about us. But ultimately, they were just finding information to lead us to our demise.' I frowned.

"I'm so sorry— I— I didn't know." I frowned, my gummy bears dropping from my hands onto the ground.

"Mabel, are you listening?!" Why would they do that? Wait— Pacifica and Gideon— were they the opposite versions of our two?

"Why would they do that to you? I thought you trusted them, I thought— I thought that they would trust you?!" Anger bubbled deep inside of me at the thought of Pacifica betraying me.

After Weirdmageddon, Pacifica and I grew somewhat closer after her parents lost everything, but by that time, Pacifica was no longer on the side of her parents. My legs curled up to my stomach, and I wrapped my arms around myself.

"I don't think I could ever forgive her if she did that to me," The thought shook my body to the core, and I wanted to cry. I hated myself for it, but Pacifica was someone I loved more than a bestest, best friend.

"Forgive who for what? Honestly, Mabel, you are as weird as ever!" I jumped as my eyes widened and I looked up to see the very person that consumed my thoughts, standing right in front of me.

"Pacifica—" A voice cried out inside of me,

'That's your Pacifica?!' I nodded slowly, my body wanting to burst on the spot.

"Yeah. They seem different don't they?" I felt the Mabel inside of me grow extremely sad.

'You love her don't you.' I sighed and nodded. I watched as Pacifica stared at me, concern growing in her eyes.

"Mabel— are you okay? Who are you talking to? Your stupid Grunkle wouldn't tell me like, anything. He just said I should come and see you—" She trailed off, her eyes staring at something, and I'm pretty sure it was the tears falling down my face. "Mabel—"

'She loves you back.' I froze, confused by Mabel's words.

"How do you know that she does?" I muttered and she sighed,

'Because that's how my Pacifica looked at me when we were together. I loved her with all my pitiful heart, and she loved me with the entirety of her own. At least, I thought she did.' I sobbed and before I could stop myself, I flung into Pacifica's arms, forcing her to hold me tightly.