Can You Feel My Heart?***

Chapter 9: Can You Feel My Heart

Mabel's P.O.V

Dipper's been gone for two days now, and Bill's fever was on the verge of returning again. Grunkle Ford and I are stumped on what to do, and it doesn't help that he keeps on hiding himself down in his lab every chance he can get. Stan tries to comfort me, but it's not working. To be honest, I'd rather he care more about Bill right now.

"Mabel, how's the demon?" I sighed at Ford's choice of words. I looked towards the stairs which led up to the room where Bill was sleeping.

"Bill—" I made sure to emphasise his name, "— is not doing too well. His fevers almost back and he keeps on screaming Dipper's name." That, along with another name. It wasn't anyone we knew, and it wasn't one of Bill's demon friends. It was a girl's name, Anabelle. She sounds nice. Maybe if Bill wakes up I can ask him who she is, I might finally get some answers.

"Mabel Sweetie, you know that you can't get attached to him. He hurt you and your brother remember?" I sighed, although things were slightly different now, Stan and Ford still saw Bill as a threat, and I didn't like that.

Over the last two weeks, Bill has been doing everything he possibly could to get on Stan's good side. I don't think he could be bothered with Ford since he knew that was a friendship that will never be re-kindled. But Bill was the good guy now, the bad guy was the demon in Dipper's mind, hiding and waiting for his next chance to attack.

"Look, Grunkle Ford, you don't understand. For now, Bill is our friend. I don't care if you don't want to see him that way, but he has a had a part of himself in Dipper's mind, and not just Dipper's but literally every single person that could have been the pine tree from the circle and it has been like that for hundreds of years, ever since Bill became a demon. He has always been keeping Dipper safe without even realising it!" Ford froze and my hands moved to cover my mouth after I realised what I said.

I don't think Bill ever wanted me to say that out loud. He only showed me glimpses, but they were Will's memories so it doesn't count as Bill's? Right—? I sighed as I sluggishly moved out of the room and up the stairs to the room where Bill was sleeping, well, trying to.

"Anabelle, don't do it. It's not— I won't let you— you can't save me." What? This isn't right, he doesn't say this much normally. What is happening? I dashed over to the bed and grabbed Bill's hand, which was boiling. Shit, his fever returned.

"Stan! Ford!" I cried out for my Grunkle's who came running up the stairs at a rapid speed, bursting into the room ready to attack. Their heads turned to me and they relaxed, but panic settled on their faces.

"The fevers back?" I nodded and Ford sighed.

"Come on Stan, we need to find Dipper. Mabel, can you stay here and look after— him?" I nodded, my head turning to Bill, whose face was bright red and sweating like crazy. I frowned and dashed out of the room, grabbing some wet towels and placing them on Bill's head and body, luckily he was shirtless, which caused my face to flush bright red.

"Anabelle—" I frowned and held tightly onto Bill's hand.

"Don't worry Bill. We'll find Dipper and bring him home, just stay alive until then." How are we going to find someone who hides for a living? This was going to be a long wait.

Dipper's P.O.V

"Dipper Dude, are you gonna come out of the bathroom?! I need to use it!" Wendy was yelling at me from downstairs. I was still hiding out at Wendy's place, and it was good. No one has found me yet, and I was doing well. I know I've only been here for two days, but it's been painful. I keep on thinking about Mabel and Bill and how I've hurt the both of them.