Dark Dreams***

Chapter 14: Dark Dreams

Dipper's P.O.V

I couldn't tell him. I was too scared. I was honestly planning to, but once he started crying, there was no way that was possible. Mabel didn't know either, but I think she had a feeling, that's why she made Bill talk to me again. I had well, bizarre feelings about the reason why Bill was avoiding me like I could feel his emotions. They weren't— clear messages, but they were better than nothing. And I was glad that I could feel Bill on that level, but that wasn't the problem. I was.

It started after I became one with Bill, and well, he became one with me. They were dreams, dark, dark, horrible dreams. And normally, they would be fine to work past, but these were different. I enjoyed what happened inside of them. And what happened inside of them were something a psychopath would do.

"Dipper, aren't you hungry?" I lifted my head to face my sister.

"Yeah Pine Tree, you should eat more. You'll fade away if you don't." Maybe that's what I want. I sighed, moving some of my food around with my fork.

"I don't know. Food isn't really on my mind at the moment. Can I be excused?" I turned to Stan who nodded his head lightly and I removed myself from the table.

"I'll come with you Pine Tree!" Bill moved to get out of his seat but Mabel clung onto his shoulder,

"But Bill! If you go who will I race to finish first with?! You need to stay!" Bill frowned, torn between following me and stay with Mabel. I didn't stick around to figure out his answer. I wandered up the stairs and into my room, where I pulled out my journal.

It's been about two weeks since I made up with Bill, again, and I've been noting down my dreams in my journal. Well, they aren't exactly dreams. They appear at any time. If I'm not paying enough attention to something, or my mind begins to wander and empty, the images abuse my mind and I begin crying.

The worst one was this morning. Bill had just left to go get some food since the guy ate like food was in limited supply and he had to have it first. I laughed at his attitude, and once I stopped and began relaxing, waiting for sleep to overcome me or Bill to return, but instead images abused my mind.

Bright flashes of blue. Blue clothing, blue flames. Dark surroundings, and sad emotions, scared emotions. None of which were my own, they were the emotions of another but I recognised them, I just can't put my finger on them. Bill returned to the room after that, and the images went away.

I put my journal away and laid down on my bed, tired. This summer was so weird, and now that I think about it, it was nearing its end. Once the end of summer hit, what were we going to do? Mabel and I will be fifteen and Bill— well, Bill will be Bill.

"Dipper?" I lifted my head at the call of my name and looked to see Ford's head sticking in the doorway.

"Hi, Grunkle Ford." I sat up on the bed and Ford walked into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Is uhh— everything okay? You seem a little out of it." I frowned. What was I going to say? Wait, I literally just found the perfect excuse just before.

"I was wondering about something." Ford nodded, waiting for me to continue. "I'm worried about Bill. What's going to happen to him when Mabel and I go home?" Ford froze and nodded grimly.

"I understand where you are coming from. You and Bill don't want to split apart, but you need to if you have to go home, to Piedmont." I nodded.

"Yeah. I mean, it's not like Mom and Dad are going to let him move in with us. They aren't that kind of people." Ford nodded again.