Comatose***

Chapter 10: Comatose

Bill's P.O.V

I'm beginning to wonder if this was a good idea after all. It's been a week since we locked Dipper away in his bedroom, and we still weren't progressing towards getting better. If anything, he was getting worse, and I knew what that meant. It meant that he was losing his mental battle.

"When one is fighting the most powerful of all beings, they will truly understand what it is to fight one's mind." I uttered the words lightly, a grim smile on my face.

"Bill—?" I lifted my head from the doorway of Dipper's room, turning to face Stanford. I scoffed,

"What? Come to annoy me again?" Ford frowned. "No? Then you can leave." I said my words strong, and powerful— so why did I feel so weak?

"Bill— I—" I growled lowly walking away from Dipper's door. If I leave for a little he'll go away. I just want to be alone with Dipper, and if this is the closest I'm going to be getting then I am milking it for all it's worth.

"Mabel told me about Dipper and Will." I froze. Shooting Star— what am I going to do with you?

"What did she talk about?" Ford frowned and gestured to the wall opposite Dipper's door. I frowned, turning around and sitting down on it. Ford took a spot next to me.

"She said how Dipper wasn't the only person that could have been the pine tree on your cipher wheel." I scoffed,

"Of course she did." Ford grew concerned. Stupid idiot, you aren't asking the right questions. Figure it out quicker!

"What, was she lying?" I frowned, do I really have to say it myself?

"Dipper was the only person fit to be the Pine Tree on my wheel because that was what fate delegated to us all. Every single person that could have been the pine tree, they're all Dipper." Ford's head turned to his nephew, jaw slack.

"So that means—" I nodded, he was getting it.

"Dipper was the sole soul in defeating me. Without him, there would have been no chance in fighting against me. If Dipper's soul was in any other body, it would have failed." Ford frowned again.

"Why would it have failed otherwise?" I sighed, my sights returning to the boy silently screaming on the bed.

"Because he's my soulmate—"

Dipper's P.O.V

Where was I? Was I lost? I think I'm alone, but then— there's that thing. I can't see it, and so I can't figure out what it is. But it scares me. I bit down on my lip and swallowed deeply. I feel like there's something I need to do, but I can't remember what it was. Why can't I see anything?

Sobs racked my body as I sat there on the ground, confused. This wasn't right. I'm scared— someone— help me, please.

"Are you okay?" I froze. A voice?

"W-who's there?!" I yelled out quietly, not wanting to be heard by whatever was lurking.

"It's me, Dummy. Can't you see me?" I shook my head.

"I can't see anything. It's too dark. Can you see me?" The voice laughed again.

"Of course I can silly. But your eyes are closed, that's why you can't see anything." I frowned.

"What are you talking about? My eyes aren't—" I trailed off as I raised my hands and realised that nothing was covering my eyes, they were really only closed. My eyes slipped open and a bright light flooded my vision, making me close them again.