Tag Team Tournament

~~~~

I listened as the names of the teams were called out.

Who will I be teamed up with? It's totally random so I can't work it out.

".... Alecxis Fullbuster and Rogue Cheney. Lee Elemental and...." Mr Bloodstriker called out, carrying with the names.

As soon as I heard my name called out, I looked up. 

So I'm with Rogue? Ok. This should be interesting. Compared to the other solo battles, anyway.

"Looks like we're partners." I said, seeing Rogue come over.

"Yeah."

"Are you ok?"

"Yes."

"Alright." I looked at Rogue.

I just shrugged.

"You two are going down." Lee grinned, turning to me and Rogue.

"Over my dead body." I challenged.

Rogue stayed silent.

"Who are you teamed up with?" I asked.

"I'm teamed up with-"

"Me!" Mika exclaimed.

"Cool." I smiled. "Hey, Rogue? Who's Sting partnered with?"

"I think he's with a guy called Dan Drago." Rogue answered.

"Oh god. I hope they don't fight each other." Mika muttered.

"What do you mean?" Rogue questioned.

"She's means, that Dan is her brother and he is obnoxious and annoying and can piss off even his comrades." Lee interrupted.

I elbowed Lee and glared daggers at him.

"Lee doesn't mean any of that about Dan. Just that he is Mika's brother." I said.

"Oh ok."

"Lee, I need to talk to you." Mika said slyly.

"Uh oh..." Lee mumbled.

Before he got any further, Mika grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him away.

"Hurry you guys!" I called.

"Your friends are weird." Rogue observed.

"I agree. But aren't we all a bit weird? Also, Mika's just a little over protective when it comes to her brother and vice versa."

"A little?"

"Ok. A lot." I laughed.

"Listen up everyone!" Mr Bloodstriker shouted.

I glanced up to where our teacher stood up on the podium.

"The Tag Team Tournament will begin! Since this class has been extended to triple the normal time due to this tournament, you will miss out on two other classes. But moving on, the matches will be fought in order of who was called out first. So first up is..." he paused building up the suspense.

"I wish teachers wouldn't do that." Rogue told me.

"Yeah. It's annoying. Plus, it's wasting time." I replied.

He nodded in agreement.

"Lee!" Mika cried angrily.

"Here comes trouble." I muttered. "Mika, leave Lee alone now. The tournament's gunna start." 

Mika pouted as she caught up to Lee.

"Fine. But only because the battles are starting. And because I can tell by the look on Lee's face that he's going to loss it soon."

"I am not going to lose it, Mika!" Lee shouted.

"Both of you! Shut up!" I growled.

"I'm all fired up!" I heard Natsu yell.

"Did we miss who is starting?" I asked.

"Yep." Rogue nodded.

"Who's going?"

"Natsu Dragneel and Sherria Blendy versus Yuki Cerberus and Arabelle Aurora." he answered.

"Ah. So Natsu's up against two girls.. I can bet that he's going to have a tougher time fighting them then he thinks." I grinned.

"Why is that?"

"Because I know Arabelle. And she's pretty tough. Plus, she's an Earth Spirit Slayer. And as for Yuki, she's just as strong. Trust me.

"Fine. But I think that Natsu will probably win."

"Rogue, you do know that Sherria is also on his team, right? He's not doing this as a soloist." I point out.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Anyway, who do you think we'll be up against?"

"Well, before our names were called out, it was Sting and Dan so I'm guessing that we're up against them."

"Thanks Rogue. I guess we're up next then."

"That should be right."

"Great. One match to go. And you're ok with going up against Sting?"

"Of course I am. What about you with Dan? He's a good friend of yours, right?"

"Yes but I can fight him any day. Same with the others and I wouldn't feel any remorse what so ever. And neither would my friends."

"How come?"

"We do a lot of battles outside of school too."

"Cool.

"Yeah.. So, who do you think will win out of the four of us? I mean, when it's our battle."

"I'd say we have a good chance but I don't know Dan very well."

"I know all three of you so I think that it'll be a pretty even match."

"Then we'll have to up our game." Rogue said.

"Yeah. Let's wait and see."

I glanced at the battle field just in time to see Natsu smash into the invisible boundary of the arena.

To be honest, it looked pretty funny seeing Natsu hit against something that's can't be seen.

Arabelle moved swiftly towards him. Natsu got up and out of the way just as Arabelle's Earth Shattering Laser Beam darted towards him.

"Fire Dragon Roar!" Natsu roared.

Arabelle got hit directly.

"You were saying?" Rogue smirked.

"Shut up." I growled.

"Sky God's Bellow!" Sherria shouted.

A mighty gust of wind brewed and was aimed at Arabelle, who was fending off multiple attacks from Natsu.

"Sky Demon Spear Strike!" Yuki cried.

She clapped her hands together and around thirty spears appeared midair. The spears started turning rapidly and eventually, they were unable to be seen through the amount of rushing currents.

The spears then shot towards Sherria's own attack.

The two attacks collided with each other, causing a minor explosion. Arabelle got out of the way of the five other spears coming directly at Natsu.