Chapter 20: Broken Trust

What does it mean to be human?

Is it our emotions that make us human?

Or is it something else?

-3rd POV-

Sinbad watched with narrowed as he saw Lia growl at Darklastia. And Both Spartos and Misty are barley holding back from jumping and try and save Morihei. But they know that that right now would be a foolish move.

"Who are you?!" Lia growled.
Darklastia just smiles as she cradles Misty's son.
The woman may be evil, but she has a soft spot for children.
"Children......." she began as she began to caress Morihei cheek.
Misty growled. Sinbad and the other had to think of something, fast! Sinbad's eyes turned to the look of confusion as he saw Darklastia's expression soften. Something that was impossible. Her face had the look of a loving mother.
"They are innocent. They do not know the difference between right or wrong. They love people out of instinct. Their hearts and souls are pure." She said as she took out a locket from Lia's pocket.
She held the locket up. The moonlight making it gleam.
"But as they grow, they either have their hearts manipulated and become something vial, or remain pure. They become what we call adults. They commit sins, and soon that purity is gone." She says as she places the locket on the boys neck.
"But......there are those that keep that purity, even if they have committed sins. To be honest it's rare to see a child of 18 or 16 years old pure of heart. They chose to move forward and face the future........." She says and looks down at at Sinbad, locking eyes with him.
"And not stay trapped in the past...like you Sinbad....." She mumbled the last part so only Lia could hear.
Lia clenched her fist, because she knew what she was talking about.
"You asked what my name was?" She did a side glance and Lia nodded.
"My name is Darklastia. I was born the day you went to Kronos dungeon." She smirked as she saw the others grit their teeth, while Lia had a look of confusion.
Sinbad now knew where this was going. She planned to tell Lia the truth.

"Hey Sin?" Lia said as she turned to face him.
Both of them were half naked and laid together on the bed. A blanket covering them.
"What is it?" Sinbad said as he looked down at her.
She Traced her fingers on the large scar on the right side of the chest near his lungs. For some reason guilt would get her everytime. The wound must of almost killed him.
"How.....did you get this scar?" Lia looked up at him, worried
Sinbad didn't want to answer the question. He knew if she knew the truth, she would hate herself forever.
"It was during the war against Parthevia Empire." He lied.
Lia looks at him and then at the scar.
"Sigh......I don't know why....but....everytime I see this scar....a pang of guilt hits me." She said.
Sinbad's eyes were filled with guilt. He didn't want to lie to her. But what choice did he have? He didn't want the woman he loves despise herself.
"Don't worry. If you're worried about my safety, I'll be alright. I should be worried about you, not you to me." Sinbad chuckled as he saw her puff her cheeks and glare at him.
Adorable.
"I should be worried about you, dearest husband." She made it loud and clear that she will not joke like that and he gulped.

"I never been to Kronos Dungeon." Lia said and Darklastia chuckled and smirks.
"Hmmmm.......you sure...?" She smirks.
She turns to the others and her smirks widened when she saw Sinbad with eyes of anger.
"Now........" She raised her hand up.....
"Time for a little fun!" She grins.
A red symbol appears in the sky....
"Creatures of darkness, descended upon this world........." Darklastia said and Lia's eye widened when she recognized the symbol.
"Devour the hearts of the people! Come forth HEARTLESS!!!!" She laughed.
The symbol glowed and from the shadows black creatures with yellow glowing eyes, began to emerge.