Unidentified Chapter 8: Story

- 11 years Ago-

His ambers eyes were void as he sat down eating a loaf of bread he bought near a food stand. It has been a few days since he left Sindria and had since then just thought. He lost his people, he lost his kingdom, he lost everything. But...there was a gleem in his eyes, that fierce yet filled with determination. As he finished eating, he saw a young woman in her early teens, maybe 13-15, around there, picking flowers and herbs. A small smile came on his lips but...

I wake from this dream, but I can't tell you the thing that I've seen
I'de leave it behind, if I could just change her mind

I can't believe, the things that you are telling me
But something deep inside makes me feel this really isn't a paradise

He froze. That song...that song she was singing. The girl wore a shawl over her head and stood up, and walked past him, singing the song.

Familiar to me, did you cross over an eternity
We're both so alone, a warmth that we'd never known

So stay with me, before our world starts crumbling
'Cause something deep inside makes me feel this really isn't a paradise

I'm falling asleep, all the promises that I meant to keep
The sweetest of dreams, was my life just taken from me ?

If I return, if I could change from wath I've learned
We'de never have to hide, everything would be alright in this paradise

Sinbad stared as she walked away but since the next town was near by, might as well follow her for now.
"Excuse me." He says and the young girl stops and turns to him.
He didn't notice that her eyes widened slightly but she stayed silent.
"Forgive me, I was wondering if you could take me to the next town?" Sinbad asked her.
The girl smiled.
"Yeah. It's a 30 minute walk from here, so might as well." She said and he thanked her.
The two walked in silence for a bit till the girl broke it.
"Did you know, there's this story, about a woman and the man she loved. It's a sad one." She said and Sinbad looked at her comfused.
"It's a story my aunt would tell me about. Would you like to hear it?" She asked.
"Sure. Why not?" Sinbad said as the two walked.

"A long time ago, there once was a young woman who came from a different world. She was a normal person. In world where boats were powered by the sun, wagons drove with no horses, people lived equally, slavery no longer existed. It was a world where many dreams came true." The girl said.
"Sounds intresting." Sinbad said.
"But even if she lived that life, she wasn't always happy. That was until one day, she discovered a book. It had a fictional story of a mage who went on different adventures with his friends. Along the way of his Jorney, he met a king. The girl fell in love with the story and wished she lived in the world that the mage lived in. In her world, that story was a fictional story, but....in a different time, that fictional was real. The girl mostly grew attached the king the mage met. To her, the king was different. The story only gave snippets of the King's past, but even so, she noticed by the way he was described, the king may be a kind man, but he was sly and manipulate. But even so, she felt sorry for the king. As the story continued, she grew to love but also hate him because of his sly ways.

I wish I was there....so you won't be alone anymore. Even if you put on a smile, I know you're broken inside....like me.

She thought to herself. As time went by, she went through many hardships and could no longer take it anymore. So...she decided to commit suicide." The girl said and Sinbad looked at her shocked.
"The girl threw herself down a waterfall to end her life. But....it never happened....the world she would read in a book became her reality. The girl landed between a battle between the young mage and his rival, the evil dark mage. Compare to how she was in the past, she was a cold hearted girl. At that battle, the king was there. When he saw her, his heart began to beat.