Trust No One

Princess Pov
Saturday

I started getting dressed for my dad's conference and I thought to myself what is the big hype about this one?

He never told me what this conference was going to be about, I mean I did a couple before but he always been specific about what we was going to talk about and what they were going to ask us.

I needed to ask him that on the way there.

After 30 minutes of waiting for his stuck up girlfriend she finally came out, with all that damn makeup on like Charlie's mom off of Good Luck Charlie like when she was trying to be on tv.

Dad must have thought the same thing I was thinking... His face look exactly how mine was.

She rolled her eyes at us "what y'all looking at?"

"Nothing baby come on" Dad said

I busted out laughing and he looked at me like shut up girl.

"What you laughing at"

"Nothing" I said while looking at my dad and he smiled at me.

We finally was in the car it was just me and my dad, because she had to take the "limo", she so dusty and extra.

"What's the hype about this conference dad"

"I'm retiring after this season" I turned my head to look at him I almost broke my neck.

"WHAT" I semi screamed

He folded his arms "Yup I've been balling before you was born and I'm not super old yet but I'm in my 30s I think it's time to retire and maybe I'll coach High School ball if I get to missing the game"

"Oh dad your fans are not going to take it to well hearing that news but I agree it's time for you to chill and enjoy life, I'm with you on whatever decision you make"

"That's why I needed you here, for support cause she ain't shit" he said referring to Lisa

"I'm your blood you know I'm ten toes down behind whatever you do"

He laughed "yeah imma have to keep you away from the streets"

I laughed.

"Whatever old man"

He touched his heart acting like he was bothered.

20 minutes later we arrived on set ready to go.

It was just me and my dad, they wouldn't allow Lisa on set.

Praise God.

"Just act natural and answer the question it shouldn't take long" says the host with a wide smile.

We both nodded.

"Ready in 5 4 3 2 1 go"

"Hey welcome back to Sports talk today we have the famous quarterback of the New York Giants Jayden Ryan and his beautiful daughter Tori Ryan"

He waited for the applause to stop and he look at us we both smiled.

"So Jdawg how do you feel about the season so far"