The Next One

Guys!!

So it's Thanksgiving Break at my school and I get a week off! But before you start thinking that I'll be updating a lot, I kinda probably won't be.

IM GOING BACK TO MEXICO!!

And before you start thinking this is Trump's doing, it's not. Yet. I got family over there and I will probably be very distracted.

So what I was hoping to do, was for you guys to tell me your Snapchat username and I could add you as a friend and see what you are doing this week cuz I probably will be bored and cuz I care about you!!😘😘

Q/A: What's your Snapchat?

Q/A: monkeylove57 It's gonna show as M.Rodriguez🙃

🇲🇽😍🇲🇽😍🇲🇽😍🇲🇽😍🇲🇽😍🇲🇽😍🇲🇽😍🇲🇽

The twelve divided into six and they went into different SUV's while Lucy and the other five went into the one they came in.

"So how's the training gonna go?" Gray asked once they stepped into the car.

"I think all of you should train with one person at the same time. That way you learn together and you give the guys a break from being on the run. They sure need it." Lucy suggested.

They all stared at her questioningly. Only she would want to give criminals a break from running from the law.

"Oh! But I would like at least a little time to, you know," she intertwined her fingers together in the air. "Reunite."

Natsu rolled his eyes. "Fine. But only for an hour."

Lucy rolled her eyes. "Buzzkill."

"Don't make me regret giving you that hour."

Lucy decided to change the subject by asking a question about the mission. "So, how am I gonna charm the 'Z' man into giving up info? I mean, don't get me wrong. I have all of this," she gestured to her body while wiggling her shoulders and torso. "But what exactly is it you dudes want me to say?"

"Just be yourself. Or maybe say something nice to him," Juvia said.

"Which one? I can't do both."

"Oh, god, you're impossible," Erza said as she ran a hand over her face.

"Okay, whatever. I'll just impress him with my mad ninja skills by taking down and possibly killing some of his men," she said with a bright smile.

"God, you really are crazy."

"You know what Lisanna? Go suck a d**k. I may be crazy, but at least I keep it interesting."

----------------------------------------------------

Back at HQ, Natsu had shown the 12 to where they would be staying. Apparently, the floor Lucy was staying in wasn't the only upper level. They had a third and fourth level. For what, Lucy doesn't know. But he directed them to where they would be staying, but not without them getting dirty looks from some agents. The girls shared one room while the men shared another.

Once they were settled in, Lucy dragged them all down to a table at the bar to get straight to the hour of catching up.

People tried not to eavesdrop, but with the people at the table being terribly loud, it was kinda hard not to. They all spoke so fast though, that it was somewhat hard to actually understand what they were saying. They were however, able to catch bits and pieces of the conversation here and there.

"-and when she pushed the old lady out of the way! That was hilarious!" Aries recounted. "All because she was going to take the last turkey."

"It was probably going to be her last turkey!" Taurus said, causing everyone at the table to laugh.

"Seriously, Lucy, you go too far sometimes."

"No I don't!"

"You called her a whore!"

"Who wears that much makeup?!"

"OLD LADIES!"

"Who take money for sex! Exactly!"

"You're something else."

"Hey! Thanks to me, we got to eat a holiday dinner as a family! If I didn't push her out of the way to get that turkey, we would've been stuck eating some disgusting thing that we managed to get off the street. So I say you drop the criticism and thank me!"

Those who were listening in suddenly felt bad. Sure, these people were criminals, but they were also humans that were dealt a horrible hand. They do the things they do to get by. And yet, they still have enough humanity to be able to enjoy something as frivolous as a holiday dinner with each other.

"Remember that one time when Lucy 'accidentally' destroyed that industrial size bag of Cheetos you had ordered from eBay, Pisces?" Loke asked while doing air quotation marks when he said accidentally.

"How could I forget? I was so mad I almost killed her."

"Okay, I still don't get what the big deal was. So what that you got it off the internet? You know what else you could find on the internet? Zoo animals masturbating!"

Again, the whole table laughed and it seemed that their melodic laughs seem to light up the room.

"Hey Capricorn, did you really-"

Aquarius let Libra's voice drift off as she turned to Lucy, who was right next to her and started talking in a low voice.

"So Lucy, that pink haired dude is pretty cute, huh? Ever think of hitting that?"

Lucy's head tilted back in laughter. "I guess he's cool but I'm not really doing that. I'm in permanent hiatus in the whole love department."

"Why?"

"You know why. It was like lottery tickets. The first lottery ticket I ever really bought was kaboom! Jackpot. Then everything happened and now I just don't really buy lottery tickets anymore."

"Oh, honey, that doesn't mean that you still can't get back out there."

"Look, I believe we only get one. And I got mine already."

Aquarius noticed Lucy's somber mood. She just wanted to hug Lucy and tell her it was alright. Instead, she smiled softly to herself.

"Well, you know what comes after the one?"

Lucy answered her, which surprised Aquarius since she was expecting her to just stay quiet.

"What?"

"The next one."