Chapter Four: Creepy Heebie-jeebies

-Paul-

Well, the time I woke up was when it was usually time to get up around here. I got dressed and put my gem into my pocket, for safe-keeping. Don't want nobody stealin' my crap.

I opened my door and walked into the hallway. There were people walking up and down the hallways, talking to each other. I look across from my door and see one that has "J. GREGGS" engraved on a plaque nailed into the door. I decide to walk over and knock on the door.

Knock, knock, knock. A few seconds later, Jen opens the door.

"Hey," she greets, smiling. She gestures for me to come in, and I do. That's when I realized how hungry I am. Man, am I starving. I turn around in her doorway and frown, noticing her head-band thingee.

"How about we ask where the cafeteria is? I'm starving beyond society's comprehension," I suggest. Jen chuckles at my joke, then I see her face when she realizes how hungry she is, too. "Yes, please," she responds.

We ask Nighthaven for directions and we arrive a few minutes later. They had a variety of selections, and I ended up getting pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Looks tasty. We try to find an empty table and we settle for one near the middle of the cafeteria. We plop ourselves down and our food is devoured within a few minutes. Oh, yeah! That's another thing we have in common: we eat like monsters. It's frightening to a few people. That's when nine people sat with us, none of them wearing suits. Except for one dude with a white and blue hoodie making a shadow over his face with two glowing, white eyes. There was a guy with, for real, no face, (totally not creepy), and he was wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans with white tennis shoes. Another guy there had HALF OF HIS FACE BURNED. (Gives me the heebie-jeebies). He was wearing a black long-sleeve and khaki shorts with black running shoes. The fourth person was a woman wearing a full-bodied black and purple suit, leather covering arms, legs, and shoulders. The fifth person there was a child, about the same height as Dart. (Holy crap, is that him? Just might be). He was wearing a Five Nights at Freddy's T-Shirt and jogging shorts. There was a girl sitting next to him, and she kind of looked like him in a way, so maybe they're related. There was a guy sitting next her who had white hair. Not light grey hair, white hair. Oh, and he ate all of his breakfast in an instant. Not really fast, but before I could even blink. Anyway, there was a real serious-lookin' dude who had a few scars on his face, a war hero, I guess. And, last but not least, a person made of pure light, sitting down and not eating anything. These people are beyond my imagination.

"Hello, Paul," the kid said. "It's Dart, from earlier." (FRICKIN' KNEW IT!!!) "These people sitting next to me," he said, gesturing towards the speedster, possible relative, serious dude, and the glow-stick over there, "are the Nightwatchers. We are nocturnal fighters who protect the lives of the innocent. And these four," he said as he gestured to the other four sitting at our table, "are the Four Horsemen. Just showing you who you'll be working with over the course of your life." He continued eating like nothing had happened. Okay, did not see that coming. But should I tell them about my dream? No. I'll tell Thorne and Jen.

Tell me what? Jen is communicating with me with her telepathy.

I'll tell you later, I think, hoping she received the message.

I looked over to the guy with glowing white eyes, the only one not having breakfast. He looks directly at me. This guy gives me the creeps. 

"How'd you get into the super-hero gig?" I ask him, hoping I won't get jump-scared by him.

I start to get extremely paranoid about my surroundings as I hear one voice, echoing through my mind.

"You'd best not know." 

All paranoia and weird feelings stop immediately.

"Yeah, that's Ghost," Dart, or whatever his name is, told me. "He joined due to a ... shall I say, traumatizing supernatural experience." Did he mean the show, or are ghosts, demons, and all that crap real?

I look at the guy with no face. "What about you, what's your deal?" I ask him.

"Angel." Dart looks to me and mouths "Salvation." I look to the guy with half his face burned. "What about you?" I ask, hoping to not be creeped out again.

"Hell hath no mercy," he muttered. Ooh, I'm really liking this place!

"And you?" I ask the woman in purple and black.

"I am a mutant, like Damon here," she said as she gestured to Dart. So that's his name...

She looked down at her plate, which had tater tots and a sausage biscuit. She set a tater tot aside and stood back. She spread her arms and evaporated into a green gas and started to hover on top of the tater tot and began circling it wildly. She left the tater tot and turned into a person once again. I looked back to the tater tot, which now looked like rotting rat crap. So she's living poison. That's awesome.

"How about you guys?" I asked the Nightwatchers.

Damon stood up and told me how he's a mutant with perfect aim. The girl next to him said that her name was Noelle and and she can poison people, shoot lasers out of her eyes, and regenerate at will. The speedster guy said his name was Keith and he's the fastest thing science has to offer. The serious dude said his name was Finn and he can shoot dark matter beams and shoots like nobody's biz. The man of pure light said he was an angel named Zachariah who has giant metal spikes that come out of the backs of his hands and can scream loud enough to shatter entire planets. These people are BAD-ASS. I can only wish I could be as good as them. Time to say what I can do.

"My name is Paul and I have a gem that gives me a bad-ass suit that allows me to fly." I sat down and looked to Jen.

"My name is Jennifer and I am telepathic and psychic."

She sat back down and smiled awkwardly at the occupants of our table. I have a feeling we are both intimidated by these guys. This is gonna be fun.