Chapter Eighteen: Liftoff

-Paul-

"Shard, Raven, Dove, Slice N' Dice, Hollow Man, Eagle, Nightwatchers, and Four Horsemen report to airlocks now," I order over the P.A.

"Jen, come with me," I say as I open the door. She follows me out and I nod back to Thorne. "Jen, is it possible for you to connect me, you, and the others telepathically?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I have to see all of you for that to happen," she answers. Good.

We run as fast as we can to the airlocks, the gem gripped tightly in my hand. We arrive at the door and the fingerprinting thing scans my hand and we enter the room. Everyone was standing there, awaiting our arrival.

"Good, you're all here. Listen umm... we are about to perform the most difficult thing ever done in history. Are you guys ready?" They all answer in unison, "Yes, sir."

"Jen?"

She nods and looks at all of us, then closes her eyes. I giant surge of white energy flows through the room and reaches each of our heads.

"The hell?" Shard asks.

"She's connecting all of us through telepathy," I explain.

Once the white light disappeared, she collapsed, but I caught her before she hit the floor. She was sweating like crazy. I forced my gem to my chest and the other gem-owners did the same. The spikes on my back held Jen and we all stepped inside two airlocks. Nightwatchers and Horsemen in one, the rest of us in another. 

"Alright, everyone, once this airlock opens, we head straight for the mothership and we kick ass, got it?" I hear them all say "Yes, sir." in unison. Oh, almost forgot. I put a spacesuit on Jen because she'll explode and freeze out there in space. I pressed the P.A button when I was done and told Thorne to open the airlocks. I look above the door and see the countdown. Three, two, one.