Chapter Twelve: The Box That Just Beat Dr. Strange

I opened the box with caution. I was expecting some big flash of light like in Spongebob with some opera going, but there wasn't, sadly. The space inside the box seemed to stretch into infinity. I reached inside and felt nothing. It was just cold. Maybe, since it contained more gems, it was telepathic, like them. I thought about something random. I chose the color red. Then I felt something within the box, so I grabbed it. It was a red and white gem, top half red, bottom half white. It was in the same shape as mine, and the same size as mine. All of a sudden, I heard a voice in my head. It wasn't Jen's, if that's what you're thinking. It was ... indescribable. A  makeshift voice.

"Shard Dimension accessed. To activate, place the back of the original Lord's armor to the back of the newly accessed armor," it said. I did as it said and forced my armor off of me. Or Lord's armor off of me and pressed them together, back to back. 

A whole new person appeared before me, and in pretty much the same armor as mine, except different design. The new gem shot off and smacked the new person in the face, sticking there. Ouch! The gem made the suit emerge, and with a pretty awesome design. The whole middle of this dude was red. Like, his head, torso, and the inside of his legs were red. His arms and outer legs were grey, and the back of his hands, fingers, and part of his forearms were red. He had the same design for the spike things on my back, so no change there. Also, same wings.

"What the hell?" he yelled, looking highly confused. "How...?" 

"Hi," I greet slowly and cautiously. I am not taking chances here. "We, um ... sort of spawned or summoned you." 

"How? Darksteel trapped me within my own gem and stuck me in some sort of hellish hole." Well, this is getting interesting. 

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"Darksteel has the power to trap hosts within their own gems, and he keeps them in that box." 

"Do you know of anyone else who might be in here?"

"Since we're boys in this universe, we could be girls in an alternate universe," he suggested.

I thought of the word "Female" and reached in. I found another gem, grey, like mine. I put mine to it, back to back, and then a woman spawned in front of me. The gem shot away and landed o her right shoulder, and then her suit formed. 

She had grey wings and grey spike, bendy thingees, like mine. Again. She also had pretty much all dark purple armor and had a hole in the back of her helmet and a ponytail popped out of it. Her hands were grey, and she had four-sided, diamond-shaped grey spots on her knuckles, and half of both her legs, from her calves inward. That's just about it. I held up a finger to her and thought of the word "Intelligience" as I reached back in the box. I pulled out a white gen this time and performed the ritual. (I think that's what it is.) 

Out popped a dude who looked exactly like me. It's almost uncanny how much he looked like me. He had a yellow, grey, and white suit. The wings were attached to his arms, and the grey area stretched down to his knuckles, and his fingers were white. His head and torso were yellow, and there was a grey bar that wrapped around his head and showed where his eyes were. The gem was on his chest, and his waist and thighs were grey. Finally, his legs were white.

I got out a few more gems and got a few more people. Two girls, four boys. It's been a very strange day. I'll explain later.