Chapter Eleven: It's Here

-Paul-

Thorne arrived a few minutes after Darksteel escaped. Still pretty pissed about that.

"Paul! What the hell happened here?" he demanded as he ran over to me.

I sighed. "That jackass opened a fresh can of Whoop-Ass on us. After we whooped his ass, too. How's Jen holdin' up?" I ask, hopefully trying to change the subject.

"She's okay, our paramedics are keeping an eye on her. Listen, how did you let this happen?" he replies in a hurry.

"After we were done saving the civilians, he showed up, holding a box full of gems, like the one I have. He said the could unlock entire universes. I was just caught off-guard." I look down in shame, thinking about what happened. But then I remembered he lost that box in the midst of our battle. It's still here.

"Holy crap, I think I know where that box is!" I exclaim. We run over to where Darksteel was when we fought. His wrecked ship was still here and that box was a little to the right of it. 

"There!" I announce, pointing to it.

I pick it up so Thorne and I can see. There were some alien hieroglyphics on it and one giant image of a grey and white version of what I have.

"Should I open it?" I ask.

"I don't know. Doesn't seem to be booby-trapped r anything," Thorne mutters. Well, if he says so...