Chapter Twenty: Welcome Back to the Land of the Living

-Paul-

I woke up in my room on my bed, Jen silently sleeping in my desk chair. How long have I been out?

A beeping suddenly goes off and I notice that I am hooked up to a bunch of machines and Jen is jerked awake.

"Mother of the holy Jesus Christ!" She exclaims. I chuckle lightly. I lean on the bedpost, trying to get up, but a sudden jolt of EXCRUCIATING PAIN SHOOTS THROUGH MY HANDS!!!

"Aaaarrrrggghhh!" I yell as I look at my hands. Oh, my God, they're both wrapped in bandages.

"Paul! You're awake!" Jen says.

"Yeah, but... my hands... "

She looks to my hands and back to me. "Paul, the doctors said that the amount of pressure you put on Darksteel's neck and the force and amount of hits you landed tore tendons and fractured your fingers. Also, you have a minor concussion due to The Douche's throw," she explained. "I guess the mighty Hawk is not invincible after all."

"What about you?" I ask, remembering what she did to The Douche.

"Oh, I'm completely drained. Yeah, umm... I won't be able to use my powers for a while. But, hey... we killed them all! Nightwatchers and Horsemen managed to kill everything and blow up the ship. Sure, Jupiter is no longer the biggest planet, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives."

I smile at the realization that my plan worked. This thing will go down in history. Too bad I won't be able to use my hands for a while, though... well, crap.