Chapter 15

• Dedicated to My lovely fans <3

Let's just say ever since the Miami incident, things been different. It's been exactly four days, twenty-two hours, and thirteen minutes since I had last spoke to Keaton. It's quite a talent to ignore someone like that idiot, isn't it? Pretending to be sick the whole entire trip actually wasn't that hard since I just used the period excuse. 

I'm 100% percent sure that Keaton knows that something is up since I'm not replying to any of his messages. My voicemail is filled with calls from him, couldn't he take a damn hint? It literally makes me vomit thinking about the fact that I actually kissed him.

God what was I thinking. 

I swear to god if the rest of the male population is like Keaton, I'm going to end up as a cat lady. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up as a full on, hard core feminist.

Noah was going to come over soon. Turn out he's not such a douche as his jock title entitles him to be. He's actually kind of somewhat cool, I don't know if it's an act or something, but whatever. He has a pretty killer taste in music. The benefit of being friends with him is that I'll get to actually have a decent conversation with someone at school.

But then again, he isn’t that cool.

I don't know if I'll be talking to Kaylenne anymore. I mean she honestly seems like a sweetheart, but with the whole Keaton incident, it's just really confusing. Then with the whole Drake situation with her also makes things more awkward. 

"Heyo!" Noah walked into my living room with a goofy smile plastered onto his face. 

"No one's home. How did you get in?" I questioned him.

"Not my fault you didn't lock the door. Seriously, some serial killer could have totally just came in and snatch you." He casually said, before dropping down to the ground next to me. "Can you believe were graduating in three weeks?" He added, before flipping his hair. 

Time sure does fly by fast.

"Not really. I'm glad that I can finally leave this hell hole and finally attend Columbia, and live in a cute little apartment and everything."

"You're going to attend Columbia? That sucks, I'm going to UCLA. We're going to be so far apart." We've known each other for what? Like a week and already this kid seems a bit needy. 

Whatever, he works at subway and he can get me free sandwiches. I guess that's another benefit of being friends with him. I mean who can possibly pass up on ham sandwiches and the amazing cookies that they sell at subway? 

"Are you going to prom?" He asked me. I think he realized that I completely ignored his last statement. 

"Prom is lame, so the answer is no." I sarcastically joked. But prom is lame though, who even wants to rub up against sweaty people in a five hundred dollar dress. If I really wanted to wear a dress and go dancing, I'd go to a club, at least there they serve alcohol. 

"I thought girls like prom and stuff. I'm not going to prom either, I'm going to this Arctic Monkey concert that night."

That lucky son of a bitch, I'd kill to watch the Arctic Monkeys perform live. But then again, I don't have the energy to camp out and wait in line for tickets.

I took a glance down at my phone. Fifteen text messages from Keaton, and one from my mom. I quickly deleted the ones from Keaton without reading them, and opened the one my mom sent me.

Mother: Please pick up some bake goods from the bakery, and some pizza pockets for your brother? xx

"You gotta go Noah. I have to run some errands, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I told him, before dragging him out of the house with me.

"But I just got here, you didn't even feed me."He whined in my ear. I think I liked him better when he was more charming, now he just seems like my five year old neighbour. 

I walked him to his bicycle. Yes I said it bicycle, it had a bell on it and everything. He's also a hard core straight edge person, meaning he definitely wasn't someone that would become my drinking buddy.

I scurried off towards my car, taking off to the local grocery store near my house, about five blocks from here.

I walked through the aisles, grabbing extra stuff too. I supplied my shopping cart with potato chips, and more Ben and Jerry ice cream. Sounds like heaven to me ears.

"Tessa?" I looked up to see Keaton standing to the left of me. I'm not really good with confrontation. 

"What." I said, trying to sound as casual as possible as I can. I seriously really wanted to punch his perfect face. Just to mess it up a bit.

"Is it just me or have you been ignoring me." He asked me quietly, while running his fingers through his hair.

"No shit Sherlock." I grabbed onto bags of grapes, gently tossing them into my cart while he keep on staring at me.

"Why? Friends who are more than friends don't just do this to each other." His voice will filled with anger with a hint of sadness.

"I told you at the very beginning, on chance only. No third time's the charm shit." This was definitely a rolling your eyes moment. I'm surprise I manage to stay this cool for this long.

"What the fuck are you talking about? I really like you Tessa, maybe even more then like. I know you feel the same way too, so can you just tell me what's wrong?" The nerve that this asshole has. I plastered on my fakest smile and politely said, "A bet, ring any bells?"

"Shit." He mumbled under his breath. "I swear to god, I was going to tell you. But I was afraid that I was going to lose you, and I can't." He pleaded. 

"You can't lose something that you never had Collins." My heart was empty, stone hard cold.

"Tessa, please don't do this. You can't ignore the connection that me and you have for each other. You even admitted to almost loving me after that would you rather game in Miami."

"I was drunk, and what is this, Shakespeare?" He leans in closer to me, staring right down at me. He was hurt, he looked hurt real bad too.