Keaton's Speech

This was the speech or I guess letter that he was suppose to read to Tessa when she was in the hospital.

I honestly don’t know where I should even start Tessa. I know that we had our moments. I also know that you are probably really mad at me, but honestly I don’t care. Well I do care that you are mad at me, but I’m still going to tell you this. Remember when we first met, the very first time? We were both juniors at the time. We both attended different schools. We both had different circle of friends. Our schools were rivals. The chances of us to ever become acquaintances were highly unlikely.

When I threw that ball in the air, I was just praying to God that it wasn’t going to hit some dude. I remember how the quarterback from the previous year was giving me all the tips to the whole lucky charm thing. Always aim in an area where it looks like there are a lot of chicks, or most likely you’ll end up kissing that hot chick’s father. The whole tradition was stupid, but it was a good way for us to get a peck before a game.

That year, my team was slacking off real time. We started to take the whole tradition thing too seriously. We believed that as long as the quarterback got a kiss from the lucky charm, all will end well. That’s where I went wrong. While the team should have been practicing, we spent the pass weeks partying with a bunch of college girls. When it had hit you in the head, I was thinking about how hot you are.  You were wearing an oversize beige cotton sweater, your hair was up in a messy bun, and a face with absolutely no makeup at all. You really worked those eye bags. I didn’t even know that girls could look that good without any makeup.

After you attacked me viciously with your words, you stormed off calling me a fucking pathetic horny bastard with nothing better to do with his life. You were the first lucky charm to just walk off like that, flipping the finger right in my face. At the time I didn’t really think about it that much. When we lost, that was when it had hit me. This was the first game that my team has ever lost. I had literally let the team down. I didn’t know who to blame, and I didn’t even consider the fact that it was my fault.

The team automatically blamed it on you, and I just went along with it. Stupid I know. We thought it be the most reasonable idea to just kidnap you into our locker room and threaten you. I can’t believe that I’m telling you this, but we didn’t really blame you for our lost. I don’t really remember, but I think the only reason why we kidnapped you was cause you busted the balls of one of my teammate who grabbed onto your arm. Plus, at the time we knew that you were from the rival team and thought it be good to show your school to not mess with us. That was the last time I saw you that year.

Senior year, my team started to get back onto their feet. We started practicing more, took it in mind that we had to win. It seems that our slacking off from last year was starting to catch up to us. We weren’t losing as badly as last season, but we didn’t have the perfect winning streak as we wanted. This was the final game that would decide whether my team would have a chance as finals or not. We worked really hard that month, coming up with new game plans and everything.

I wasn’t too sure if I was going to win because it was a fifty fifty chance. When I threw the ball for the lucky kiss, I didn’t expect to see you to get hit. I never expected to ever see you again. Yet, there you were standing there. To my surprise, you looked a lot different than I had imagine. Your hair had grew out, you had on a cheerleading outfit, and face full of makeup. You looked as equally hot as when you didn’t have any makeup on. I thought maybe you changed social scenes or something. But I knew that you were the exact same person that I had met last year when you opened your mouth. Kissing you that day was amazing.

I knew that if I asked you out on a date you probably say no. So I had to come up with a plan to get you to be around me. So I told you that you were to be my lucky charm for the rest of the season. Sure it wasn’t exactly a bullet proof plan, but it kind of worked out on me behalf. You just ignore my existence after I told you that I wanted you to be the lucky charm for the rest of the season. I knew that was the last day I would ever see you again. Goodbye chances of me ever seeing you again.

It was like faith when I saw you in the hallways of Pineview. I wasn’t sure if that was you until we made eye contact and you started to freak out. That’s when my buddies made that bet for how long it takes for me to get into your pants. I only accepted because I wanted to get to know you. I started to learn so much from you, from your drunken stories to our talks. You were the first person to know about my brother. I wish that you didn’t have to meet him that way. My sister, Tatiana was so thankful that you came and save me that day.

Like I said to your dad that day you took me to visit him at the graveyard, you mean the world to me. I know I may not show it that often, especially when I’m drunk. But I’m quitting, so I can make sure that I never say anything mean to you again. I never want to hurt you. You know, I cried a bit when I heard that you were in the hospital. Drake didn’t really have that much information to give me about how you were doing. All they knew was that you had an overdose, and that you weren’t awake yet. I literally stormed out of my house at four in the morning telling my mom that I’ll be back from Toronto whenever. She almost at a heart attack, she thought I was running away. Once I got to the airport, I finally called and explained to her.

Now here I am writing you this speech. I don’t know if I could even call it a speech since I know that I’ll probably chicken out. I guess you can say, this is my letter to you. I knew that I wouldn’t have the courage to read this to you since I started writing this. When you wake up from the hospital, I’d probably say something like Oh fuck, or maybe even just kiss you instead. But why am I still writing this if I don’t have the intention on giving this to you when you wake up from your overdose? I’m going to give it to you. I’ll give you this letter one day. I  love you from the moon and back, forever and always.