Chapter Nine

"Look, all I'm saying is, you've known this guy, what, twenty-four hours? And you're already head over heels for him!" Louis argued. 

"I don't like him that way!" Zayn protested, his cheeks slowly getting redder.

"Yeah, and I don't like pizza!" Louis laughed. That laugh is music to my ears.

"I don't like Liam! He's just a friend!" Zayn pouted. I rolled my eyes and Zayn playfully glared at me.

"Well, Liam likes you so," I smirked. Zayn immediately perked up and I held back a laugh.

"He does? Oh my god! You're not lying are you?" He rushed and we all burst out laughing. We were in the coffee shop as we'd finished all of our hunts. It was nice having Louis and Zayn join us, we finished quicker.

"If you like him, you like him. So what?" Ashton sighed, then taking a sip of his tea.

"I don't like him!" Zayn groaned. "And what would you know about love anyway?"

Ashton glared at Zayn, who glared back and Louis rolled his eyes at the two.

"How's Luke?" I asked Ashton and he immediately smiled, looking at me.

"He doesn't care about what I am!" He grinned. "Honestly, I've waited centuries to find someone and now that I have; he's so perfect! I love him so much!" Zayn looked really confused and I tried not to laugh.

"You've got a boyfriend?" Louis asked.

"Yeah," Ashton replied. "So much for not knowing much about love." He sent a smug smile to Zayn who sighed in defeat.

"Am I the only one who hasn't been in love?" Zayn questioned. Both Louis and I went to answer but he pointed at both of us. "Apart from you two. You two are perfect for each other but you just can't see it."

"Well, for once we agree on something." Ashton smiled, making Zayn smile slightly.

"I guess we do." Zayn agreed. Assbutts.

------------------------~------

I woke up to loud banging on my door. Great. I grudgingly got out of bed and slowly started my way towards the front door. The banging got louder and I groaned, opening the door. And Ed was there. No explanation why. He's just here.

"What's up?" I asked, still half asleep.

"Slight problem I'm hoping you can help with." Ed frowned, and I opened the door further to let him in. I'm really glad that I went to sleep wearing clothes last night. Wait, what time is it? I checked the clock by the door and it was nine in the morning. What Ed wants better be fucking good.

I closed the door after him and rubbed my eyes. "Tea? Coffee?"

"No thanks." He replied, sitting down on the sofa, and I went to the armchair. "What time did you get to sleep last night?"

"I only got back at 1 am." I sighed and he looked at me oddly. "Ran into Louis and Zayn. Ended up going for coffee."

"So you were with them last night?" Ed asked.

"Yeah, why?" I questioned.

"A couple of vampires disappeared last night," Ed stated.

"That's a bad thing?" I asked. Normally that's never a bad thing.

"So did some hunters." He replied. "All working for the company."