Chapter Twenty One

I raced to the room where I thought the scream had come from but Ashton stopped me. "You don't know what's in there." He warned. I knew that I had to listen to him. If I went in and it was a trap, I would be fucked. Instead, Ashton put his ear to the door and he looked horrified. He nodded to say that he was in there and Zayn looked at him warily. None of us knew how to get in without the bad-arse vampire guy noticing so we just had to go through the door. In the end, Ashton just broke the door down and we all ran in, then we all froze. Not out of choice, we genuinely couldn't move. I was insanely confused. It was crazy, it was all too much

"Ah, you've finally joined us." A guy smiled. It was a chilling smile. The guy was about six foot tall with ginger hair and blue eyes, exactly how Gerard described him. He was stood by a chair that Louis was tied to. He looked pale, really pale and it was scary. He looked dead. He was conscious though and glaring at the bad-arse vampire guy. I guess it was good that he was awake?

"What the fuck do you want?" Zayn growled. He sounded angry, unbelievably angry and it was scary.

"Well, an ice cream would be nice. Maybe some snow, too. That would be cool." Bad-arse vampire guy smirked. I want to stake this son of a bitch.

I just stayed quiet, watching Louis. There was a bit of blood on his arm and I couldn't tell if it was his or not. If it was his I didn't know where it had come out from. There was no wound or anything. I looked up to bad-arse vampire guy to see if there was any blood on him but there wasn't. That was weird.

"Why are you doing this?" Ashton rephrased it. Smart idea. Bad-arse vampire guy was cocky and I hate him for it.

"Experiments. Boredom. Who knows?" Bad-arse vampire guy replied, his hands moving as he spoke. "The question is, why did you guys get involved?"

"Experience. Boredom." Zayn mocked. He's always cocky when it could get him killed. He's a fucking idiot.

"I like you." Bad-arse vampire guy told Zayn. That couldn't have been good. At all.

I tried to move again but failed. I needed to get to Lou... Ashton looked at me as if to tell me to stop and I for once actually listened to him. When I heard how powerful this guys powers were I didn't think that they would be as powerful as they were. He couldn't have been a vampire. Sure, he had the complexion of a vampire but that's it. No vampire has power like he did. It was so powerful and nothing like I'd ever felt before. Sure, vampires can compel but his power was beyond that. It was hard to explain but he couldn't have been a vampire.

"Yeah, the feeling isn't really mutual." Zayn spat, getting really pissed off.

I didn't know what to do. I felt hopeless. We had no way of killing this guy because none of us could fucking move and it sucked feeling like that. Unless Alex, Patrick or Dougie came in, we're helpless and even if they come in they can't kill him. Why can't Ashton have this power? That would make everything so much easier.

"Didn't expect it to be." Bad-arse vampire guy grinned, clapping his hands together. "I've been watching you four for a while. I know all of your weaknesses, all of your secrets. That would be fun to mess around with. I mean, Ashton has his fair share of disturbing secrets." I wouldn't expect any different. Ashton's a vampire, of course, he'd have secrets. It's worrying what, I don't really want to know them but of course, he'd have disturbing secrets.

"Spill them," Ashton stated. "They're not bad and I don't really care about these guys finding out." He didn't seem fazed or anything, he was practically daring bad-arse vampire guy to tell.

"You haven't told him, have you?"

"Zayn, remember the group of vampires that attacked you the night you met Louis?" Ashton asked and Zayn nodded warily. "I was the one who got them to stop. I was with them and then they did what they did and I kept nagging them to stop and eventually they did." Zayn looked emotionless at that and just forced a slight smile.

"So, what about you, Louis?" Bad-arse vampire guy turned to look at Lou with a grin as wide as the Cheshire Cat's, and Lou just looked at him with a lot of hate in his eyes.

"You fucking dare," Lou growled. It had to have something to do with the argument between him and Zayn. I turned to Zayn and he looked even more pissed.

"I'm guessing that Zayn knows." Bad-arse vampire guy smirked. "I'm also guessing that Ashton has had his suspicions but I doubt that your boyfriend knows anything about it." Ashton looked slightly surprised and Zayn didn't look any different. Of course, I was the only one who didn't know a thing.

Zayn threw a knife that he had hidden in his pocket at bad-arse vampire guy and hit his lungs which made him cough and spit out blood. We still couldn't move but it looked like it weakened him for a bit.

I looked back at Lou and he looked ashamed for some reason and Ashton was looking at him in disappointment, almost. That was sad. That was also annoying because I had no idea what was going on.

The bad-arse vampire guy pulled the knife out of his chest and scowled at Zayn. His eyes turned black which practically proved my theory that he wasn't a vampire. Vampire's don't have black eyes, they have red. I was and still am confused. There's a big difference there. He threw the knife towards the wall and it almost hit Lou, making me tense even more. Good job, Zayn. You pissed off the now angry bad-arse vampire guy.

"You're going to pay for that, Malik." Bad-arse vampire guy growled and that made me worry. Who wouldn't it? If a guy that was a completely different creature than what you thought that was obviously murderous was pissed off and you couldn't do anything, it would be pretty terrifying. Insanely terrifying. I could tell that Ashton was beginning to get scared. He was powerless compared to this guy. He couldn't do anything and it was obvious that it was bugging him. It scared me even more that he was scared though. If he was scared, it was bad.

"Bite me." Zayn threatened. For fuck's sake. That guy is a fucking idiot.

Bad-arse not-vampire guy smirked and lunged at Lou, his head at his neck and Lou let out a scream. Everything after that was in slow motion. Seeing Lou go paler somehow, the fight he was putting up lessening, the life draining from his eyes. I completely froze but Ashton was trying to get out. All of a sudden he did and ripped the bad-arse not-vampire guy off of Lou and ripped his heart out of his chest and threw the heart as if it was a mere football. The bad-arse not-vampire guy fell to the floor obviously dead and Zayn ran up to see Lou. I still couldn't move. I couldn't do anything but stand there in horror. Zayn tried finding a pulse but Ashton shook his head. "He's gone."

Zayn let out a sob and I just slid against the wall in shock. I didn't feel anything. I was just... numb. I couldn't look at Louis. I couldn't bring myself to. I just stared at the wall.

The grey, brick wall.

A.N/ I've been looking forward to writing this chapter since I started this but now that I've done it I feel really sad. I feel really sad.

I wrote this about 3 weeks ago and I've edited it and I'm now pretty sad. That sucks... Get it? No? Should I leave? Probably... But thank you guys for almost 300 reads! This story is sadly coming to an end which is pretty sad but I'm really proud that I've actually finished this because it's all completely finished now, I just have to publish the chapters. Thank you guys for reading this crappy little story that I've been writing, it seriously means a lot. Until next time <3