Time

It was just another distraction. Alchemy continued to send flashpoint meta's to fight The Flash. The police had arrived at the scene, but he saw her before he zoomed the other way. He grabbed her and ran away stopping in an alley way.
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Doing my job just like you."
"Iris, you can't keep coming out here it's not safe."
"You sound like my dad."
"We're just trying to protect you."
"From what Barry? You, my dad, and Wally are out here everyday fighting crime, so tell me why I'm the only one in the family who needs to be kept safe."
"Because I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you."
"How do you think I feel every single night when I have to watch you leave when I don't know if you are ever gonna come back."
She was mad now, but before he could respond a streak of blue lightning crossed them. Savitar. He turned to chase after him when she grabbed his arm. Confused he turned around to see her eyes slowly closing. Then he noticed the blood coming out of her mouth. She started to fall, but he caught her. Thats when he saw it. They wound in her lower abdomen. She had been stabbed.
"Iris?"
He looked down to see she was unconscious.
"Iris!" He screamed.
She wasn't breathing. Thousands of thoughts ran through his head before it hit him. Hospital. It was only 5 miles away. 10 minutes in a car. 40 minutes for an average person, but he wasn't average. He slowly picked her up trying to keep her limp body still. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.
"Somebody Help." He screamed as he bust thtough the doors.
The nurses ran over with a gurney, and took her from his hands. Before they pushed her away he bent down and kissed her forehead. When she was no longer in sight he ran to STAR labs. He came into the cortex with his mask off. He knew that there were tears stained on his face. Joe was the first to notice.
"What happened?"
Thats when it really hit him. Iris was hurt, dying. He felt like he couldn't bteathe. Joe walked over to him. He was more worried now.
"Barry, what's wrong."
He struggled to get the words out.
"Savitar...... he showed up...... Iris was there..... she." He stopped and looked at joe.
"She wasn't breathing." He barely managed to get the last sentence out before he broke down. What if she was gone? What if he never got to see her again? How would he go on?
All he knew was that the love of his life was fighting for her life in an operating room.
And it was all his fault