Inside

"Are you ready?"

She stared at Cisco, thinking about her answer.

"As ready as I will ever be."

They walked into the cortex towards Barry's body. As they went they were greeted with hugs, and wishes of good luck. There were 2 metal chairs next to the bed connected to a machine. She didn't bother asking about it. She just wanted to get this over with.

"Okay, so you will start with this chair. I will start the vibe, and touch your hand. That should bring you in. Any questions?"

Yes.

What if it didn't work?

What if it killed them?

What if it killed him?

"No." Lie.

Before she sat down she took Barry's hand and brought it to her lips.

"I'll find you." She whispered. Making sure it wasn't heard by anyone else, "I promise."

Her and Cisco took their seats, and started. Cisco grabbed Barry's arm, and then her hand. Everything around her turned into a blue tornado. She was rushed through it seeing flashes of images, but only making out a few.

A wedding.

2 little speedsters.

Nora being killed.

Savitar.

Before she could process it all, it faded away. She saw herself, and instantly knew where she was.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Doing my job just like you."

"Iris, you can't keep coming out here it's not safe."

"You sound like my dad."

"We're just trying to protect you."

"From what Barry? You, my dad, and Wally are out here everyday fighting crime, so tell me why I'm the only one in the family who needs to be kept safe."

"Because I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you."

"How do you think I feel every single night when I have to watch you leave when I don't know if you are ever gonna come back."

She was mad now, but before he could respond a streak of blue lightning crossed them. Savitar. He turned to chase after him when she grabbed his arm. Confused he turned around to see her eyes slowly closing. Then he noticed the blood coming out of her mouth. She started to fall, but he caught her. That's when he saw it. They wound in her lower abdomen. She had been stabbed.

"Iris?"

He looked down to see she was unconscious.

"Iris!" He screamed.

She watched in horror as Savitar drove his hand through her abdomen. She touched it. There was no pain, but there was a scar. The scene seemed to go by so fast. She watched Barry catch her, and hold her. Why wasn't he moving? A minute went by before he left for the hospital. That's when she saw her Barry walk over and take a seat on the steps. he had his elbows on his knees, and his head was in his hands. His body was shaking. Was he crying?

"Stay here Cisco."

She ran over to him and took a seat in front of him.

"Barry."

His shaking stopped, and he slowly looked up.

"Iris?"

"Yeah it's me."

"How, How are you here?"

"It's a long story, and I'll tell you all about it. When we get back."

She went to grab his hands, bu before she could he put his hands on her face. He kissed her. Acting as if theyhadn't seen each other in years. It had been a few months, but it still felt like a whole lifetime. When they broke apart she took his hand in hers and led them to Cisco.

"Ok, we're ready to go." she said.

He nodded and turned, "3.2.1."

She closed her eyes and when she opened them they were in Star Labs.

She looked at Barry. Who was still unconscious. His eyes slowly fluttered open. They went straight to her.

"Barry." he nooded.

"You're back." She nearly jumped on him. They room was filled with screams of cheer. She stopped hugging him, and stood up. Giving everyone else the chance to greet him. She looked down. The thought of what she saw stuck in her mind. She slowly backed away. Hoping no one would notice her leaving, but he did. He watched as she left. Wishing he could follow. He was ready no. ready to tell her everything.