Prologue

Hi everyone, I have had a couple of ideas for a new story for a while now and I thought I could give it a try. Please let me know if you would interested in reading more! All the love, Summer xxx

Exams were over and summer had finally arrived. I stepped out into the bright sunlight and squinted my eyes, promptly running into a rubbish bin which was inconveniently placed in the middle of the little patch of grass in front of the building. Cursing quietly under my breath, I rubbed my hand over the sore spot on my thigh where I would most definitely get a bruise and then continued walking. On my way to the bus stop, I pulled my phone out and finally turned it back on after not being allowed any contact with the outside world for the past three hours.

The bus arrived and I hastily shoved my phone into my back pocket where it immediately started to buzz, making a weird noise coming from my backside. I showed the bus driver my return ticket and smiled innocently as if there wasn't a vibrating device in my pocket. As soon as I had shown him my ticket, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that I had received seven missed calls and four texts which explained the extensive buzzing noise. A grin appeared on my face when I realised that all of the messages were from my best friend Harry. The first three were about answering the phone and the last one was an apology when he had noticed that I was sitting in an exam.

I pressed the call button and patiently waited until he picked up. "Abby, hi!" he greeted me cheerfully and I chuckled. "Hi, Harry. How are you doing? Why did you bombard me with phone calls earlier?" There was a shuffle and a bit of shouting at the other end of the line until I heard Harry's voice again. "Would you shut up, I am talking to Abby." I heard a voice making a comment I couldn't understand followed by a couple of whistles and then it was finally silent. "Sorry, about that. We are working in the studio at the moment and well, you know how the others can be." He sighed dramatically, but I knew that he was secretly enjoying their banter.

"Oh, I am so sorry that you have to record your fifth studio album with your band mates, Harry, that has to be so awful. Doing something you love together with your best friends." I said in a tone that was radiating sarcasm with every syllable. "Oh, knock it off! You know that I'm just kidding. I am super grateful to be doing what I love with four best mates who are basically brothers to me." I could hear the smile in his voice and knew that he genuinely loved doing everything he was doing on stage and in the studio. "So, how is the album coming along? You're back on tour in two weeks, aren't you? The North America leg?" I asked him curiously and watched the cars rush past us while my bus was stuck in traffic.

"It's coming along pretty well, I can't wait for everyone to hear it." he started off excitedly. "And yes, we're going back on tour on the 9th of July in San Diego, but we'll arrive a couple of days earlier to do some talk shows. Which brings me to the next question and the reason why I bombarded you with phone calls earlier. Do you want to come on tour with me?" I sat up a bit straighter, not sure if I had heard him correctly. "Come on tour with you?" I repeated slowly, still trying to take the news in. "Yes, why not? You have the summer off, I know that you don't have to be back at uni until October because you start quite late and the North America leg ends on September 12th so you would be back in the UK a month before the next semester starts. Please? For me?" He was literally begging me and I was glad I couldn't see him right now. His puppy eyes never failed to trick me into doing things I didn't want to do.

"Harry, I feel so honoured that you asked me to come on tour with you, but are you sure that's a good idea? It's something different to be stuck with me for two months than just a couple of days when I visit you for a week in Australia, you know?" I tried to reason with him. Harry sighed and I instantly felt bad. "Look, it's not like I don't want to spend time with you and watch you perform and travel North America with you, but what about the other boys? Do they know about your idea? Does LOUIS know about your idea?" I asked him, with a hint of bitterness in my voice when I asked him about the oldest one in the group.

"He wasn't over the moon when he heard that I wanted to invite you, but he promised to behave as long as you do, too." His tone was teasing, but I knew that he was serious about the last part. "Ugh, okay, okay, I'll come. And, yes, I'll try to behave myself. But I can't promise that I will be nice to him." I added quickly and heard Harry chuckle. "Well, I don't expect you to change your whole personality." he teased me and I shook my head and pressed the stop button for the next stop.

"Alright, I'll send you all the information and your ticket later tonight, okay? Thank you for saying yes, I can't wait to have you on tour with me for so long!" I smiled widely and quietly thanked the bus driver as I climbed off the bus. "No problem, thank YOU for inviting me." I thanked him. There was some shouting in the background someone asked him to "get his ass back into the recording booth" to which he replied with a groan. "I gotta go, love, but I'll see you in a couple of days!" Harry said quickly into the phone and after a goodbye from me the line went dead. Taking a few deep breaths, I continued my journey home and wondered what the hell I had just signed up for.