Chapter 15

Niall'a POV: 

Abby still looked pale this morning. She had been downstairs for ten minutes now, but I had only seen her eat one spoon full of her porridge and she hadn't touched her tea or orange juice either. Secretly wondering if she had thrown up again, I let my eyes wander over the other people at the table and caught Louis' eyes who gave me a pointed look that I didn't quite understand. I wish I could have gone to the hospital with her yesterday, but the only who had been finished with shooting had been Louis out of all people, so I had grudgingly let her go. To everyone's surprise, both of them had seemed to survive their hospital trip and sadly I had to admit that I had felt the familiar tug at my heart when Louis had appeared with a seemingly sleeping Abby in his arms.

I looked back over to Abby and when I caught her eyes, I gave her a small smile which she halfheartedly returned. Something was up with her and I was going to find out what it was. Something here didn't add up. She should have been feeling better by now, not looking like someone who could star in the Walking Dead, if it was only low blood pressure that had caused her to faint and not something else. "Hey, aren't you hungry, love?" I asked her over the table and she jumped a little bit and then shook her head. "Not really, no." When she noticed my concerned looked she hastily added "But I'm sure I'll eat something later, just give it an hour or so." Before I could ask any other questions, she got up and took her nearly untouched food with her, grabbing an apple on the way out. 

As soon as she was gone, I nearly pounced on Louis who was eating a large pile of pancakes. "So, what exactly happened at the hospital last night? Is she really okay? What did the doctor say?" I fired my questions at Louis who raised an eyebrow at me and took a sip from his tea. "Careful, Nialler, your feelings are showing." He teased me and grinned, before he calmly took another sip from his tea. "Oh shut up, Tommo. Just tell me what happened." I ignored his comment and shifted a bit in my seat, the room suddenly feeling a bit too hot. "Awww, does little Nialler have a crush?" Louis continued to tease me and I silently begged him to shut up, before Harry caught wind of anything. Harry was like a brother to me, but Abby was a really sore spot for him and he was awfully protective of her.

After grinning at me for a couple of seconds, Louis shoved another bug fork of pancakes into his mouth, before he decided to answer my questions. "Well, like I told you last night, Abby is fine. A bit of low blood pressure, but she got some meds for that so she should be okay in the future." He explained, unable to hide a hint of concern in his voice, and took another sip from his tea. "Yes, I heard that, mate, I'm not stupid, but what EXACTLY did the doctor say?" I dug a little deeper and he sighed. "Niall, mate, I don't know, okay? The doctor made me leave the room before she talked to her and I obviously didn't press my ear to the door to listen in on their private conversation, alright?" He sounded exhausted and I immediately felt bad for pushing him that much.

"I'm sorry, Lou, I just... don't you find it a bit odd?" I apologised and he shot me a questioning look. "Forget about it." He dismissed my apology and then leaned a bit closer, nearly putting his elbow into the butter next to him. "And what do you mean "odd"?" He asked a bit more quietly. I threw a look in Harry's direction, before I replied in an equally quiet tone. "Well, don't you find it a bit weird that you got send out of the room because she wanted to tell her that she had a low blood pressure?" A frown appeared on his face and he seemed to be thinking about something. "Now that you mention it... That is kind of weird, right? But don't you think that's just normal for hospitals here?" He asked and I shrugged in response. "I dunno, I ain't American, am I?" I smirked at him and he rolled his eyes and reached over the table to ruffle my hair. I quickly pulled my head out of his reach, but looked over to where Abby had disappeared. 

"So, do you think we should keep an eye out for her? Make sure she's okay? She needs to eat, for example, she hardly ate anything this morning." I mumbled quietly and Louis nodded, before the ends of his mouth twitched again. "You sure you don't have any feelings for her, mate?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Alright, alright, let's ignore your hidden feelings for Abby for a bit longer than. But I agree with you, let's make sure she's okay, alright?" His tone had gotten more serious again and I nodded in agreement, before we were both informed that we had to get going for the last part of the video shoot. With a loud sigh, we both got to our feet and followed the rest of the crew outside to the cars which would take us back to the NASA buildings for another long day of shooting. 

Hi everyone, I feel like I owe you at least a little bit new content for this story after such a long break. Unfortunately, I am still super busy with moving to a new flat etc, and when I'm not busy with that my mind is filled with so many other things, that I find it very difficult to write anything good for you. I hope you stick with me, despite the long waits. I promise you I won't abandon this story, I just need a little bit of time at the moment to write something and I don't have that. Hope you like this (unfortunately super) short chapter! All the love, Summer xxx