Chapter 4

Hi everyone, finally a new (short) chapter for this story. I have so many ideas for this story, but I am kind of concentrating on 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' at the moment with all the stress I have because of my exams. We'll see what the Christmas break brings... ;) Please let me know what you think about this new story and its characters if you have some time. I'm still not very confident when it comes to writing new and unfamiliar stuff, so any feedback is very welcome. All the love, Summer xx

At eight o'clock I lightly knocked on Lottie's door, freshly showered with my clothes hung over my arm. A noise at the other end of the hallway made me look up and I see Louis and Liam coming up the stairs, presumably from eating dinner. I waved a little and Liam smiled at me, before disappearing into his room. Impatiently, I waited in front of Lottie's door, hoping that she actually heard my knock, because I wasn't really in the mood for Louis. While he walked up to me, his eyes wandered around the hallway, avoiding any contact with mine, leaving me to awkwardly stare at my hands while I waited. After a moment of hesitation, I brought my hand up to knock again, but before my knuckles met the door, Lottie opened it with a bright smile on her face. 

"Hi, sorry for taking so long, I was in the bathroom." she apologised slightly embarrassed, her smile quickly turning into a smirk when she spotted her brother behind me, who was pulling a face at her words. "TMI, Lottie." he commented with a shudder, while fiddling with his room card. I held a laugh back while I was watching their exchange, once again making me wish that I had any siblings that I could banter with."Love you, too, brother." Lottie replied with a wink, before pulling me into the room. The last thing I saw before she closed the door behind us were Louis' blue eyes which were looking at me, an unreadable expression on his face. 

"Sooooo..." Lottie drawled and flopped down on her bed. I chuckled and lay down next to her, making the bed bounce up and down underneath us. "What are you gonna wear?" she asked me curiously, her grey eyes wandering over to the small pile of clothes which I had dropped onto a chair next to the door. "Um, a pair of black skinny jeans and my new crimson red top which has this big cut out at the back." I explained with a grin and wiggle my eyebrows at the mention of my top, making her laugh. "You're wearing the dress, right?" I added and she nodded, the big grin on her face matching mine. "Louis will probably kill me, but when he sees me it'll be to late to get changed." The mischievous twinkle in her eyes momentarily highlighted the strong similarities between her and her brother, and for a second I needed to remind myself that she was, in fact, not him. 

"Alright, put on some music and let's get this party started!" she squealed excitedly after a short silence, bouncing over to the mirror  where she plugged her speakers  into her phone. Chuckling at her enthusiasm, I followed her over to the mirror where she forced me to sit down in one of the chairs, before spreading out her whole makeup collection in front of her. "Holy shit, you sure have a lot of make up." I commented while I stared in awe at the wide selection of everything make-up related you could possibly think of. "Thanks?" she replied with a nervous laugh and I joined in and shook my head. "No, it's not a bad thing! Really impressive, actually." I assured her and she visibly relaxed, before looking into her make up collection. "Alright, we first need to find the right shade for your foundation." she explained and held a couple of different items next to my face. "You just do whatever you want and I try to sit as still as I can, alright?" I suggested and saw with a hint of satisfaction, how happy my trust in her made her. "Just lean back and relax." she instructed me and dipped one of her countless makeup brushes into the little tub, before starting her work on my face.

Half an hour later, Lottie had transformed not only my face, but also my hair, into something amazing and I hardly recognised myself in the mirror. My eyes looked dark and seductive and the red lipstick perfectly matched the colour of my top. "Wow, I... Thank you so much, Lottie!" I pulled her into a tight hug which she returned with a proud smile on her face, before instructing me to get changed in the bathroom, while she quickly applied her own make up. When I returned to the room a couple of minutes later, Lottie looked up and a wide smirk appeared on her face. "Wow, you look hot. I would totally do you, if I was bi or gay in any way." She complimented me and I did a little spin, before bursting out laughing. "Thanks, you look amazing as well, and you aren't even finished yet." She blushed a little bit and I walked over to the bed and checked my phone while I waited for her to be ready. Harry had sent me a text asking me if it was alright for him to pick me up in ten minutes and I quickly replied that I was in Lottie's room. I didn't have to wait long for a reply. "The boys and I are all ready, we'll pick you two up in five. xx" I informed Lottie of their approaching arrival and laughed at her reaction when she squeaked and dashed to the bathroom to put on her dress.

Five minutes later there was a loud knock on the door and I went over to open it, while Lottie shouted something which sounded like 'nearly ready' from the bathroom. I was met with a wonderful sight when I opened the door. Having been best friends with Harry for years also meant that I had seen all of the boys dressed up a couple of times already, but they always cleaned up well and weren't exactly a bad view. "Wow, you look gorgeous, Abby." Niall complimented me and I grinned at him, before opening the door a bit wider. "Thanks, Nialler. You all don't look too shabby yourselves." I winked at him and Harry cleared this throat and shot Niall a look, who just rolled his eyes. "Lottie is nearly ready, but you can come in for a minute if you like." I explained with a grin and opened the door a bit wider, allowing them to step into the room.

Louis blantly ignored me and walked straight over to the bathroom. "Oi, little sis, ready to go?" he called through the closed door and after a couple of seconds, Lottie stuck her head out of the door. "Um, could Abby come in really quickly and help me with my zipper? I'l be ready after that, I promise." She gave everyone an apologetic smile and Louis sent her a doubtful look, before sitting down on the edge of the bed. I slipped into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. "You look beautiful, Lottie." I told her honestly and she blushed a bit, before turning around. After I had zipped her up completely, she slipped into her impressively high heels and then followed me out of the bathroom where we were met with four pairs of wide eyes. 

"Yeah... you're not going out like that." Louis immediately protested and got up from the bed. "Come on, Louis, let her live a little." I addressed him directly for the first time since we had arrived at the hotel. "No one asked you for your opinion." he shot back and I held up both of my hands and walked over to the chair where I picked up my purse."No need to be rude." I mumbled under my breath and shot him an unimpressed look. "Come on, Lou, we have to go now, or the others will leave without us." Liam interfered and Lottie shot him a grateful look. "The only people at the party will be crew members and some friends and family anyway, so you can keep an eye on her." Harry butted in as well, his eyes however were on me and I felt like he was going to pull the protective brother stunt on me, too, which I wasn't too happy about. Everyone was now looking at Louis who was staring down at Lottie with a grim look on his face. "Alright, alright, let's go." Louis gave in after a couple of seconds and Lottie sent him a triumphant smile, before hooking her arm into mine, as we followed the boys into the elevator.