Chapter 12

"Okay, time to go." John was back with the stretcher and I was carefully lifted up and placed onto the stretcher which was a lot less comfortable around my head than Louis' lap had been. "You can come over now and say goodbye." John called out to the little group and everyone swiftly made our way over to us. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Harry asked instantly, his green eyes filled with worry. "I'm fine, Harold, don't worry about me." I gave him a weak smile, but he didn't seem convinced. "'s a bit difficult not to worry when you see your best friend lying on an ambulance stretcher in front of you." He commented, but reluctantly returned my smile.

"I wish I could come with you, but we still haven't finished filming for the day." Niall said with an annoyed look, but I waved it off. "It's fine, I'm sure I'll be taken care off even without your presence." I attempted a joke, but no one seemed to find it particularly funny. "I am not sure if she has an international insurance, but I'll pay for anything she needs." I heard Harry say quietly to Sasha who nodded and then gave me a reassuring smile. "I can pay for myself, Harry." I protested, but he ignored me and instead leaned forward and pressed a light kiss to my forehead. "Get well soon and keep me updated, alright, little weirdo?" He asked me seriously and I nodded. Satisfied, he stepped away and let the others say goodbye as well, until the only one who was left was Louis and he had seemed to have disappeared.

"Where is Louis?" I asked and cranked my neck to look around. I saw something flicker in Niall's eyes before he pointed to his left where a breathless Louis was jogging over to us. "They said I can go for today because we filmed most of my parts already this morning." He panted and came to a halt next to my stretcher. "Great, that means that Abby won't be completely on her own." Harry sighed in relief and patted Louis shoulder, who nodded and then whispered something into Niall's ear which I couldn't understand.

"Alright, we should go now and get you out of the heat." John urged us to go and a few minutes later I found myself in the back of the ambulance with Louis sitting on my left and John on my right side. "Ready to go?" Sasha asked from the front and when John confirmed it, the ambulance started to move. "Okay, this will hurt a little bit." John warned me and I turned my head to look at Louis when I saw the needle in his hand. "Here, hold my hand." Louis offered and I gratefully clasped my fingers around his hand, squeezing it tightly when I felt the needle pierce my skin. "All done." John assured me a couple of seconds later and attached a small bag with clear liquid to the end of the little tube. "This is something for your low blood pressure." He explained and a couple of seconds later I felt the cold liquid enter my blood system.

The drive to the hospital passed in the blink of an eye and suddenly I was already being unloaded from the ambulance. My nerves kicked in and I felt my heartbeat pick up, something that the little machine that I was attached to seemed to register as well because it started to beep loudly, making Sasha throw me a concerned look. "You don't have to scared, honey, they will take good care of you here. And you still have your friend with you." She tried to calm me down and I turned my head and looked over to Louis who took my hand into his and gave it a light squeeze.

"Hi you two, who do we have here?" A young doctor stepped forward and gave me a warm smile, before she turned her attention back to the two paramedics who gave her a short update. "We're going to head off now, Abby, but I hope you'll feel better soon and all the best for the future." Sasha smiled at me and shook my hand and John gave me a little wave, before they disappeared. Their place was taken by the doctor and two nurses who all gave me reassuring smiles. "Hi, Abby, I am Doctor Flores and I will be looking after you here in A&E today." She introduced herself. "We will do a couple of small checks now and then take some blood. Can you please tell us when something hurts?" She asked me and when I nodded, she started to gently examine my body.

"Hi, Abby, I am Ben. I am one of the nurses here, would you mind if I stole some blood from you?" He asked me with a kind smile and my eyes flickered over to Louis who was standing next to my head, before I nodded. "Your boyfriend can hold your hand." Ben immediately suggested and I felt my cheeks flush at his suggestion. "Oh, he's not my boyfriend." I protested in the same moment as Louis said "Oh, we're just friends." There was an awkward silence that Ben broke with a chuckle, before he briefly disappeared to get a needle and a cannula. "I can still hold your hand if you want to." Louis suggested with a crooked grin and when I tentatively held my hand out to him, he took it into his own and securely held it until Ben, who was wise enough not to comment on our hand holding, had finished.

After they were done with all the minor tests and examinations, all we could to was wait. I had been pushed into a small private room to give Louis some privacy after he had been recognised by a couple of the nurses, and we were now waiting silently to hear about the results from my blood test which according to Doctor Flores would tell us more about the reasons why I fainted today. "You feeling a bit better now?" Louis asked me quietly from his seat next to my bed and I turned my head to look at him. He looked a bit pale even with the makeup he was still wearing from the video shoot and his eyes looked darker than usual. While a tiny part of my brain wondered how the hell I knew what Louis' eyes usually looked like, I replied after a moment of hesitation. "Definitely feeling better." I assured him and gave him a small smile that he returned.

"I'm glad to hear that." We smiled at each other for a couple of seconds, before Louis cleared his throat and looked away. "Thank you for being here, hospitals scare the shit out of me." I thanked him, my voice barely more than a whisper. I averted my gaze and looked up at the ceiling, until I felt a warm hand wrap itself around my own. "We're friends now, remember?" Louis' voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked back at him to see that he was grinning at me. "Friends... right." I said in an unconvinced tone and he rolled his eyes at me, before a knock on the door interrupted our banter.

Doctor Flores entered the room and gave both of us a small smile, however, it wasn't as wide as it had been before. "Um, Mr Tomlinson, would you mind I talked to Miss Williams alone for a moment?" She asked Louis, who shot me a concerned look before he shook his head and stepped out of the room, after he had shot me a reassuring smile. I let out a nervous breath and carefully sat up, while the doctor sat down on the chair that Louis had abandoned just seconds ago. "There is no need to worry, it's nothing bad. Just something I prefer to talk about in private first." She tried to calm me down, but nevertheless, I felt my heart beat pick up again.

"Have you had your period during the past two months?" She asked me and I immediately nodded. "Recently? And regularly?" She asked again and I started to nod, before I suddenly started to think about it. "Actually, I think I am overdue by at least two weeks. But I sometimes skip a period when I'm stressed and I am pretty sure I did have my period last month." I told her and felt myself getting more and more stressed with every second. "Was that period a little bit less than what you are usually used to?" She asked me and made a note on her notepad. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to remember it a little bit better. "I remember that it was a little bit less than what I am usually used to, but, again, I blame the stress for that." I replied and she nodded as if I was confirming something she already knew. "What does that mean? Why are you asking me about my period?" I asked her she gave me a small smile. "Well, Miss Williams, it appears to me that you are pregnant."

"A.N. Dun, dun, dun!!! There it is! I hope I could surprise at least some of you and please forgive me if I screw this up during the next chapters (or already have screwed this up) because my knowledge on pregnancies is still very limited. :D All the love, as always, Summer xxx