Chapter 13

"What does that mean? Why are you asking me about my period?" I asked her she gave me a small smile. "Well, Miss Williams, it appears to me that you are pregnant."  

Her words seemed to echo in the eerie silence that followed her words. "Pregnant?!" I asked her completely in shock and sat up straight on my bed. "But... I... I can't be pregnant! I'm only turning twenty-three! And I..." I trailed off, still trying to process what was happening. "I know that this may come as a surprise to you." Dr Flores said and reached over to give my hand a light squeeze. "I don't think I like this surprise very much." I muttered under my breath and she bit her lip to stop herself from smirking at me. I took a deep breath and looked down at my stomach. "How far along would you say I am?" I asked her and looked up again to see her give me an encouraging smile. "If you don't mind we could do a short ultra sound scan to find out?" She suggested and I nodded, before I panicked and shook my head. 

"But Louis can't find out that I am having a scan!" I protested and a look of realisation crossed her face before she nodded. "That won't be an issue. See this door there? This room is connected to the one next door and we can make it look like a nurse just randomly pushes one of the portable ultra sound machines in there and then bring it in here for a quick first scan." She calmly explained and I let out a shaky breath and nodded. "Good, do you have any other questions before I asked one of the midwives to do your ultra sound?" She asked me and I immediately nodded. "I had some alcohol during the past few weeks, will that affect my baby in any way? And how long will it be until I start to show?" I asked her anxiously and she made a small note on her clipboard before she replied. 

"As long as you didn't get completely wasted each night and stop now, I don't think your baby will be very much affected." She assured me and I let out a sigh of relief. "And each woman is different so I can't tell you when you will start to show in a way that other people will notice it. A lot of women start to show around week 12-14, but some show earlier around week 8-10 already and some don't show until week 22-24. Do you have any other questions? Otherwise I would subscribe you something for you low blood pressure which paired up with the heat and the pregnancy caused you to come in here in the first place and I would advice you to go and see a doctor about your blood pressure again in about 3 weeks." She smiled at me and I nodded. 

"I am sure I will have about a million questions as soon as I get home, but right now I can't think of anything else." I admitted sheepishly and she gave me an understanding smile and nodded. "That's perfectly normal, honey, don't worry about it. Just write them down in a notebook or on your phone or something like that and ask them the next time you see your doctor. Do you know when you will be returning home and can see your usual gynecologist?" She asked and my eyes grew wide when I thought about the upcoming weeks. How was I gonna hide my pregnancy when I was constantly surrounded by people? "Um, I won't be flying home for another four weeks I think. But then I could do the next check up at home, right?" I asked her.

"Yes, that's perfectly fine. Usually you only need to see your gynecologist once a month during the first 24 weeks, but because you have problems with low blood pressure I would recommend you to go to check ups a bit more often. However, because of your special situation with being on tour at the moment, the usual four weeks should be fine as well." I tried to return her smile, but on the inside I just felt like curling up into a ball underneath a blanket and have a good cry. Thoughts about my future started to pop up in my head and about the potential father, as well, but I pushed them away and blinked a few tears away. "Alright, if you don't have any more questions, I'll send in one of our midwives and if there aren't any complications you're free to go. You can collect your prescription for the blood pressure tablets at the nurses office." She got up and gave my hand a light squeeze. "It was lovely meeting you, Miss Williams. All the best for the future." She gave me one last smile, before she left the room.

Outside I could hear here have a short talk with Louis and a couple of minutes later a young woman stuck her head through the door. "Abby Williams?" She asked with a smile and when I nodded, she stepped into the room and quietly closed the door behind her. "Hi, I'm Wendy, the midwife." She introduced herself and gave me a warm smile. "I'll just pop next door to get the ultra sound machine, okay?" I nodded and discretely wiped my sweaty hands on my t-shirt. "Alright, would you mind lifting up your t-shirt for me and maybe open your shorts a little bit as well?" She asked me with a kind smile and applied a little bit of the clear liquid onto the head of the machine. "This might be a little bit cold." She warned me, before she lightly pressed it to my skin and I let out a shaky breath.

She moved it around a little bit and I watched the black and white images on the screen, my heart feeling like it was about to jump out of my chest at any second. "Aaaaand there is your baby." Wendy said suddenly and stopped moving around. After a look at my face she chuckled. "You probably can't see anything, so I'll explain it to you. "See this little white dot there? That is your baby." She pointed at the screen. Unable to make a sound, I just nodded and stared at the first picture of my baby who I didn't even know existed until about twenty minutes ago. "Would you like a copy of this?" Wendy asked with a smile and I nodded. "But could you put it onto the bill as something else, please?" I asked her and she nodded understandingly and made a little note in her computer.

"From what I can see right now, everything looks perfectly normal and as long as you eat healthy and don't drink any alcohol and take your blood pressure tablets, you and your baby should be perfectly fine." She smiled at me and I nodded and wiped the cold liquid off my skin, before I pulled my t-shirt back down. "Am I okay to go then?" I asked her, hesitant to see Louis again, but she nodded. "Yes, definitely. Just take it easy today and get some rest." She gave me one last smile, before I stepped back outside into the hallway. "Thank God, you're back. I was starting to get worried that I had lost you and would get mobbed any second." Louis' voice came from behind me and when I turned around I saw him sitting on one of the chairs next to the room that I had just come out of.

"Stop whining and let's get out of here." I told him with a light smirk and he nodded, before his eyes wandered up and down my body in concern. "Are you alright though? What did the doctor say?" He asked me concerned and took a step forward. "Oh, I just have some problems with my blood pressure and it got a bit too much for my body with the extreme heat, but apart from that I should be fine." I tried to sound as convincing as possible and he nodded, before I walked over to the nurses station. "Hi, my name is Abby Williams. I have a prescription for some tablets?" I asked one of the nurses and she gave me a small smile and shuffled through a stack of papers in front of her, before she nodded and pulled out two small pieces of paper and handed them to me. "Here is the one for your blood pressure and here is one for some general vitamins to give your body the little bit of help it needs right now when it's under stress anyway." She explained to me and then handed me another form. "Oh, and could you please sign here that Mr Harry Styles is going to pay for all of your medical expanses?" She asked me and after a moment of hesitation I signed the form. 

"Thank you very much, honey. Enjoy the rest of your day!" I smiled at her and then walked back over to Louis who was waiting for me next to the exit. "Back to the hotel now?" He asked and walked over to a couple of taxis. "Yes, please, I need some rest." I said with a grimace and he chuckled and opened the door of the taxi for me, before climbing in himself and telling the driver the address to our hotel. "Get some sleep, love, the roads are super busy so we won't be at the hotel for another half an hour." Louis whispered in my ear and pulled me closer to him so that I could rest my head on his shoulder. Too tired to protest, I got comfortable and closed my eyes. Within seconds I was asleep. 

A.N. Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed the new chapter! :) Once again, I am constantly learning new stuff about pregnancy while writing this, so I'd like to apologise for any wrong facts or any mistakes I made. All the love, as always, Summer xxx