Chapter 17

I hesitantly knocked on Louis' door, not entirely sure if this evening was such a good idea. After a couple of seconds, a grinning Louis opened the door and pulled me inside. "Abby my girl, how are you doing?" He threw an arm around my shoulder and closed the door behind us. "Look who finally decided to join us!" He said with a grin, sarcasm dripping from every syllable. "Come on, it's not that late." I protested and stepped away from him, letting myself slump down on the sofa between Harry and Niall. "It's ten-thirty. We said nine." Louis stated and raised an eyebrow at me, before he sat down on the floor in front of his bed and took a sip from his drink. 

"I, um, got caught up watching Gilmore Girls." I admitted sheepishly and looked down at my hands in my lap. The others laugh and Harry gave me a nudge, which I happily returned. "What episode are you on?" He asked me in a low voice and I looked up to see him grinning down at me. "Um, somewhere towards the end of Season 5, I think." I told him and his eyes widened. "But you only started like two weeks ago!" Blushing, I gave him an embarrassed smile and a shrug to which he responded with an amused grin. "You shouldn't have made me watch it then." I whispered into his ear and the amused grin was replaced by an innocent smile.

"Alrighty, now that everyone is here..." Louis interrupted our conversation and gave me a pointed look before he continued, "I was thinking that we could play some games. How about truth or dare?" He suggested with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Everyone in the room groaned, but eventually agreed. "Fab, okay, we'll go round in the circle clockwise and hmmm... let's see... Oh, we can use my coke bottle from yesterday." He jumped up and went into his en-suite bathroom, returning with an empty coke bottle moments later. "Okay, everyone sit down in a circle. Come on, lads, move over here." He motioned for Sandy and Liam to come a bit closer and plopped back down next to Lottie on the floor.

"You're way to excited for this, I don't even want to know what you're plotting in that head of yours." Liam commented with a suspicious look in Louis' direction who only gave him a what was supposed to be innocent smile. "Okay, here we go." Louis spun the bottle and everyone watched it as it spun around, it's movements getting slower and slower until it stopped on Niall who gulped. The smile on Louis' face was enough to make Niall sink back into the cushions of the sofa, miserably failing to hide himself from his deviously smiling friend who was sitting opposite us.

"Nialler my friend..." Louis began and shifted a little bit on the floor to get more comfortable. "Truth or dare?" He asked him with a smirk. There was a short pause while Niall thought about his answer. Years of experience of dealing with Louis seemed to go through his head and he let out a sigh and run a hand through his hair before he replied. "Truth." His voice was steady, but I saw his fingers curl themselves around the hem of his shirt, showing his real emotions. You just didn't want to play against Louis in this game. "Coward." Dan coughed which earned him a grin from Louis and a glare from Niall.

"Alright, truth it is." Louis thought for a couple of seconds during which Niall eyed him like a rabbit would eye a snake, waiting for the attack. A sly grin appeared on Louis' face and we all knew that whatever Louis had come up with wouldn't be good. "Nialler, who is the better kisser: Abby or Melissa?" He was referring to Niall's ex-girlfriend, who he had briefly dated early this year, and me and the whole room whistled and chuckled when Niall sank even deeper into the cushions of the sofa. "That's not fair, Tommo, Abby is sitting right next to him." Harry jumped to Niall's help, but Louis was not having it. "Answer the question Niall." 

Next to me, Niall let out a sigh and run a hand through his already messy blond hair. "Without wanting to, um, insult anyone, eh, I, um, I've got to go with, um,  Abby." He admitted with steady voice and glared at Louis who was wearing a smug smile on his face. "See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" He asked and pushed the bottle towards Dan who was sitting next to him, apparently completely oblivious to the situation happening on the sofa. At Niall's words I had felt Harry stiffen next to me and even though I was looking directly at either of them, I didn't miss the look that Harry threw Niall over my head. I also hadn't missed the fact that Niall did not meet my eyes when he admitted to the whole group that I was the better kisser.

The bottle spun again, on the search for its next victim, its spins getting slower and slower until it landed on Harry who let out a sigh. Dan grinned and his eyes wandered across the room, before he asked Harry the question. "Harold..." Harry glared at him, but then quickly retreated deeper into the sofa cushions when he saw Dan's smirk. "Truth or dare?" Harry let out another sigh and pulled his hair into a bun, before he replied. "Um, dare." Dan grinned and started stroking his chin, pretending to think about his dare. "Okay, Harry, I dare you to kiss Abby on the lips." He finally said and his eyes momentarily flickered over to me, before they were back on Harry.

"What? No! Don't pull me into this!" I protested and Harry didn't seem to happy about his dare either. "Come on, Dan, that's just gross. She is like my little sister." He tried to sway Dan, but Dan didn't budge. "Just kiss her, Harry." Next to me, Harry buried his face in his hands for a couple of seconds, before he turned to his left to face me. "I am really sorry, Abs." He said with apologetic smile, before he leaned in. Kissing Harry was like kissing a brother and it just felt completely wrong. He wasn't a bad kisser, but there was no attraction between the two of us and our kiss only lasted a second or two, before we both pulled away.

The others cheered, although Niall and Louis a little less enthusiastically than the others, and Harry and I wiped our mouths with an over dramatic gesture, before we both settled back onto the sofa. "No offence, Abby, but that was the most awkward kiss I've ever had." Harry spoke up next to me and patted my thigh with an apologetic smile. "Right back at ya." I replied with a grin and the others hollered with laughter. "You're gonna pay for this, Dan." I promised Dan who blew me a kiss and leaned back against the bed with a smug grin on his face.

Josh was next up to spin the bottle which landed on Liam who eyed him from the other end of the circle with a slightly fearful look on his face. "Payno, mate, truth or dare?" He asked him and Liam threw an angry look at a chuckling Louis, before he replied. "Um, truth." Josh thought about his question for a few seconds, before he grinned. "Have you ever had a crush on another band member's family member and if so on who?" He asked Liam who visibly paled, before he replied. "Um, yes. Yes, I've had a crush on someone before, and um..." He trailed off and his eyes wandered to his right where Harry was sitting. "Who was the crush on?" Louis piped in from his safe spot on the floor, his twinkling with amusement. "Gemma." Liam admitted quietly and the room erupted in whistles and laughter again.

Next to me I felt Harry tense, his green eyes fixed on Liam who was obviously embarrassed by his answer. "But that was ages ago, alright? When we first came together as a band! I love Sophia, mate, you know I would never go for your sister." Liam immediately added when he saw Harry's face. Harry's eyes narrowed and Liam shifted a bit under his stare. "Nothing happened, alright?" Liam assured Harry who nodded and then focused his attention on Josh who only smirked at him. "Alright, who's next?" Lottie tried to ease the tension in the room and everyone's attention was back on the bottle.

"Come on, Niall, time for your revenge." I giggled with a smirk in Louis' direction who pretended to be upset with me for a few seconds, before the smirk reappeared on his handsome face. The bottle slowed down and came to a halt in front of Louis who looked surprised. "Oh how the luck has turned." Lottie commented with a smirk and gave her older brother an innocent smile when he glared at her. "Alright, Lou, truth or dare?" Niall asked with a wicked grin, raising his voice over the overall amusement. "Truth." Louis didn't have to think long, obviously not wanting to risk anything. "Very well." Niall grinned, before he asked his question. "Where did you go on our first proper night out at the start of the American leg in L.A.? The party we had? You suddenly disappeared and then we didn't see you again until late morning." 

Louis looked very uncomfortable and I suddenly had a weird ringing noise in my ear. "I, um, I... can I take a shot instead? Or do a dare?" Louis asked Niall in a pleading tone, his eyes momentarily flickering over to mine, before he looked back at Niall. "What on earth happened that you are so unwilling to share your late night adventure?" Liam asked with a puzzled look on his face. "No, Tommo, you've gotta answer that one. It was your idea to play the game and you can't chicken out just because you're uncomfortable with the question asked." Niall decided and all attention was back on Louis who was very pale. There was a short silence before Louis' opened his mouth. His answer surprised everyone.

A.N. Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next part of the evening will follow soon. :) All the love, Summer xxx