Chapter 20

"I can't do it because I'm pregnant, okay?" My voice was an octave higher than usual and I was breathing heavily, my chest rising and falling with every breath. My outburst was met with three pairs of shocked eyes and a stunned silence. In the background I saw Liam and Sophia exchanging a look, Liam's face slightly shocked as well, while the other reacted more loudly to the news. "But... how?" Lottie asked with wide eyes which earned her an amused look from Lou who seemed to be the only one not surprised about my announcement. 

"Well congratulations, hun, I knew there was something going on with you." She said with a smirk and pulled me into a tight hug which I returned. My eyes, however, were still fixed on Harry who hadn't said a word yet and who looked very pale. I gently pulled away from Lou and took a hesitant step in his direction. "Harry?" I asked hesitantly and lightly touched his arm. This seemed to make him snap out of his shock because he instantly pulled me into a tight hug and buried his face in my hair. "Harry, are you okay?" I asked again and lightly patted his back while he held onto me.

Instead of replying he pulled back a little bit and looked down at me, a determined look on his face. "Who do I have to beat up?" My eyes widened at his words and I quickly threw a look in Liam and Sophia's direction, hoping for their support with this situation. "Harry, I..." I started off, but his grip around my arms tightened a little bit. "Who is the father, Abby?" He growled and his green eyes seemed to be sending out sparks. "Harry, I can't tell you, okay? He doesn't know yet and I don't want him to know, alright?" I put a hand on Harry's chest to calm him down, but he brushed it off and took a step back.

"Abby, he has a right to know. This is his kid as much as it's yours!" Harry shouted at me and I jumped, automatically taking a step back from him, my hand wandering down to my stomach. "Is it Niall's?" He suddenly asked and my eyes widened, but I shook my head. "No, it's not Niall's, for fuck's sake Harry! It's none of your bloody business, okay?" Now I was shouting as well and from the corner of my eyes I could see the others exchanging looks. "Of course it's my fucking business, as well, you idiot! You're like a sister to me and whoever did this to you needs to be put into place!" Harry was fuming and he was starting to scare me a little bit. I had never seen him this angry and now I was even more scared that he would find out about the father's identity.

"But I am not your sister, okay? News flash, Styles, it takes two to tango so this is as much my fault as it is his. So don't go and fucking blame someone else for something that is just as much my fault just because you have some big brother issues." Harry looked like he had been punched in the face and all of the tension seemed to have left his body. "Fine, you know what, I think I know whose child it is anyway. Fuck, I mean the line between love and hate is pretty damn thin, isn't it? And the way that you guys have jumped at every opportunity to hurt each other right from the start makes this situation so much more fucked up than it already is."

My heart was hammering in my chest and when I met his eyes, I knew that he had just put the pieces together. "So, Abby, who's gonna tell him, hm? The mother of his child or his best friend, hm?" Next to me, I heard Lottie let out a gasp, but all I wanted to do is punch Harry or make him shut up in some way. "Harry, please, don't do this." I begged him, but he seemed to be determined that he was right and judging by the look on his face he wasn't going to stop now.

"So, tell us, Abby. I mean, judging by the lack of reaction, Soph already knew about this, so why only her? Why not us, as well? Why not me?" Harry's tone was bitter and in this moment I understood why he was freaking out so much, but I was to angry at him to care much about his hurt feelings. "You know what, Harry? We are done being friends. If you make me say it right now, we're done." My voice was very calm and quiet, but on the inside I was screaming. Something flashed across Harry's face, but it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, leaving a blank look on his face, masking his real emotions.