Chapter 5

Hi everyone, finally a new chapter! I hope you like it and are happy with where the story is going at the moment. All the love, Summer xxx

When we arrived at the party venue the paps were already waiting for us, eager to get a possible group shot of the whole band or at least some photos of the boys with us girls which they could turn into a story. I ended up in between Niall and Harry, Niall's arm securely wrapped around my waist, while Harry's hand was tightly clasped around mine and he didn't let go until we had reached the safety of the club. My eyes wandered around the room which was already pretty full with a random mix of crew, friends and family, and I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Harry gave my hand a reassuring squeeze, before he disappeared in the direction of the bar, leaving me with Niall by my side. 

Loud shouting made us turn around and a couple of seconds later an angry looking Louis stumbled through the door, Lottie behind him and Liam hot on their heels. "These little fuckers." Louis cursed under his breath and pulled Lottie into a hug. "Are you alright?" he pulled away a little bit and gave her a concerned look. "I'm fine, Lou, don't worry about me." she tried to calm him down and after a moment, he nodded and let go off her. "I need a drink." he stated and started to make his way in the same direction that Harry had disappeared only moments earlier.

My eyes lingered on the bar, before Niall cleared his throat next to me, making me jump. "You wanna grab a drink, as well?" he asked me with a smile and when I nodded, he placed his hand on my lower back and gently guided me through the already crowded room towards the bar. Harry and Louis were already at the bar, both nursing what looked like bourbon, but Lottie was nowhere in sight so I guessed that she had already managed to somehow escape the watchful eyes of her older brother. The latter seemed to be having a deep conversation with Harry because the two of them barely looked up when Niall and I joined them at the bar. Harry didn't even look up when Niall helped me onto the bar stool, his hands momentarily sliding beyond a point that was appropriate, but I felt Louis' eyes on us, before he shifted his focus back to Harry.

One of the bartenders walked over to us and shot us a questioning look. "Eh, I'll have a Guinness if ya have one, and whatever the lady would like, on me, please." He flashed the waiter a toothy smile and winked at me. "I'll have a margarita, please." I told the bartender who nodded, before reaching underneath the bar to pull out a bottle of Guinness. "Would you like a glass for it, Sir?" he asked Niall who thought for a minute and then shook his head. "Nah, I'll be fine, but thanks, mate." He happily picked up at the bottle and took a long sip, closing his eyes in content. "Ah, tastes like home." I giggled and thanked the bartender who had slid my drink towards me, before taking a small sip. "Do you miss home?" I asked him and his blue eyes lingered on the bottle for a few seconds, before he looked up again.

"Aye, I do miss it. But touring is great and I get to hang out with beautiful girls like you, so it's not all bad." I felt my cheeks heat up and he laughed and reached over to give my hand a light squeeze. "If I didn't know it any better, I'd say that you were flirting with me, Horan." I told him and he responded with a wide grin. "Would that be such a bad thing?" he asked and raised an eyebrow at me. "I'll be honest with you, Niall. I'm not looking for a relationship right now." I told him seriously and leaned forward a bit, to avoid that Louis or Harry heard anything. "But that doesn't mean that I'm not attracted to you." I added with a sly grin and his grin widened, if that was even possible. 

"Well, I am happy to assure you that I'm not looking for a relationship either." he said and slightly leaned forward, as well. "How about we have some fun and see where the night leads us?" he asked me and I felt his warm breath fan over my face. After a moment of hesitation, I nodded and he smirked, before taking another long sip from his bottle. I felt a pair of eyes lingering on my back and when I turned around Louis' piercing blue eyes were already starring at me, his expression unreadable. "You up for dancing?" Niall asked behind me and I quickly turned around, nearly falling of my chair in the process. His hands were immediately on my waist, steadying me and I let out an embarrassed laugh, before downing the rest of my drink. "Let's go." I agreed and Niall took one last sip, before he slid off his chair, offered me his hand and pulled me into the crowd.

On the dance floor, I finally spotted Lottie again, who was dancing with one of the other girls who was helping Lou with the makeup. She waved at me and wiggled her eyebrows when she saw Niall's hand which was securely wrapped around my own. A new song came on, and Niall very quickly had my full attention, his hands placed firmly on my hip, while mine were wrapped around his neck. "You're a very good dancer, love!" he complimented me, his thumb gently stroking my waist. I smirked up at him and saw his blue eyes sparkling in the dancing lights which lit up the room. "Harry and I did a course in ball room dancing when we were fourteen." I shouted over the loud music and he laughed. "Then it's even a bigger compliment." he shouted back and looked over to Harry who was watching us with a stern look on his face. 

"I think he isn't too happy that I'm dancing with you." Niall said into my ear and I demonstratively leaned closer into his tall frame, his arms automatically tightening around me. "He's not my big brother, he'll get over it." I told him and purposely ignored Harry's gaze. Niall grinned down at me and we lightly swayed from side to side, as a slower song came on. "He's quite protective, isn't he?" he asked quietly, his lips gently grazing my ear which sent a shiver down my spine. "We grew up together, so he's always been like a brother to me. Sometimes a bit more than I'd like him to be." I explained and leaned my head against his shoulder. "And why is Louis starring at us?" he asked me and I looked up in surprise, my eyes wandering over to the bar.

Louis was indeed staring at us, but quickly averted his gaze when our eyes met. "Do you two have history?" Niall asked me and I looked back up at him, before I shook my head. "Nothing of importance." I said and dared one last look in Louis' direction, but he was gone. "So, he wouldn't mind if I did this?" Niall asked and before I could ask what he was talking about, his lips met mine. After a moment of surprise, I kissed him back and simply enjoyed the feeling of being kissed again. Niall was a very good kisser, but there wasn't the 'spark' or whatever you wanted to call it, which made this whole experience so much easier for me. We had both made clear that we weren't looking for anything serious at the moment, so what was the harm in having a little bit of fun?