Chapter 2

Hi everyone, thank you for taking some time to read my second chapter for this story, I hope you like it. :) All the love, Summer xxx

When arrived in Los Angeles we were all tired and exhausted, but before we could enjoy the quietness of our hotel rooms, we first had to get through the big crowd of fans and paparazzi who were awaiting the boys' arrival in the states. Before we walked out into the madness, everyone gathered around in a huddle. "Okay, the boys will go first together with Abby and Lottie, and the security and the others will follow afterwards, alright?" Everyone nodded and split  up into the two groups. "Ready?" one of the security guards asked into the group and when we nodded, they guided us outside into the screaming crowd.

The noise was deafening and I found myself pressed against Harry who had wrapped his arm around me. I kept my head down and my eyes on the ground and followed Louis who was walking directly in front of us. Someone yanked at my hair and I hissed in pain and swatted the hand away. When I looked up, I saw a blonde girl smirking at me and opened my mouth to give her a piece of my mind, but Harry who seemed to have noticed what I was about to do, tightened his grip on me and pulled me forward. "What did you do that for?" I shouted into his ear, but he just shook his head and pushed me into one of the waiting vans. With a thud, I stumbled inside and promptly landed on none other than Louis, with my face first, of course. 

"Oi, watch where you're going, Williams." he hissed and pushed me off him as if he had burnt himself. "Gladly, Tomlinson. It's just YOUR fans who shoved me in here." I pulled myself up and chose the seat the farthest away from him and waited for Harry to sit down as well. After we had checked again that the doors were properly closed, the car slowly started to move and I looked out of the window. No one could look inside the car, but I could still see the cameras and then fans pressing up against the window. It was kind of scary. The fans reminded me of the girl and I looked over at Harry to see that he was busy doing something on his phone.

"Why did you push me forward when that bitch yanked my hair? Do you think that it's okay for her to do that?" I asked Harry and crossed my arms over my chest, making him look up. "Of course I don't think that's okay, Abby, but everything we say gets spread across the Internet and the same goes for everyone who is in our company, so if I had let you scream at her it would have reflected badly on us. I am sorry." He reached over and gave my arm a light squeeze and sent me an apologetic smile. I huffed a bit and stared out of the window. "Why are you making such a big deal out of this anyway?" piped Louis in from the seat opposite Harry where he was sitting next to Lottie. "It's just hair, right? Can't be that bad." 

I glared at him from my seat. "Why I am making a big deal out of this, Tomlinson? Well, let' see... Maybe because I don't like being assaulted by a bunch of teenage girls who believe that they can do whatever they want. Maybe because it annoys me that I have to shut up for the sake of YOUR reputation when someone yanks my hair and smugly grins at my face afterwards, knowing very well, that I won't be able to do anything. Maybe you just have to control your bloody fans!" My voice had gotten louder and everyone in the car was now starring at me. Suddenly, I was very happy that Liam and Niall were riding in the other car. "Well, maybe YOU need to get off your high horse and learn to control your emotions, love. You're not that special, you know?" 

Louis' words hurt more than I wanted to admit and I was sure that the hurt was evident on my face. "Well, you made sure that I know that a long time ago, didn't you Louis?" I asked him back in a flat tone and saw something change in his eyes, before it disappeared again. He opened his mouth, but then changed his mind and closed it again. I saw Harry and Lottie exchange a confused look out of the corner of my eye, but I kept my eyes fixed on Louis who huffed and chose to look out of the window. At least that had shut him up. I plugged my headphones into my ears and turned the volume up. Closing my eyes, I leaned back and drifted off into my own little world for the next half an hour as we drove through the busy L.A. traffic. 

Because it was only such a short stay in Los Angeles, none of the boys had rented a house, so we all would be staying at the same fancy hotel. When we arrived, I jumped out if the car as soon as the car had come to a stop. "Abby, wait!" Harry followed me and managed to get a hold of my arm, forcing me to turn around to face him. "Hey, I am sorry, okay? I know I should have let you defend yourself or say something myself, but I can't. I am not allowed any negative publicity until the bloody contract is finally over in December, not that I want any of course, but I can't speak my mind in public. Not yet, at least." 

He looked helpless and annoyed and I instantly felt bad for lashing out on him. "I'm sorry that I took it out on you." I apologised quietly and gave him a small smile which he returned. "I'm super tired and the girl's smirk just drove me nuts. And Louis' comments weren't really helping either." I said and pulled a face, making him chuckle. "Do you think you two will both survive the summer without killing each other?" he asked me with a light smirk and my eyes wandered over to where Louis was standing next to his sister. He was animatedly talking about something and she laughed when he showed her something on his phone. As if he had felt my gaze on him, he looked up and our eyes met for a second, before I hastily looked away from him. "We'll see about that." I answered Harry with a grin making him laugh. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and playfully bumped his hip into mine, before we walked over to join the rest of the group.