~ Chapter 16 ~

The world around me was dark, I slowly blinked my eyes as the place began to lighten. I groaned and pulled myself up of the floor, I carefully took in the sight in front of me. I was in a meadow, the grass was medium high and had beautiful purple flowers sprouting all around me.... I tiled my head in confusion, where was I? And how did I get here? I swear the last time I was awake, Embry was carrying me to Emily's and Sam's.... Wasn't he?

I'm so confused.

That confusion disappeared and turned into happiness at the sight of my mate Emmett, sitting down on a blanket in the middle of the meadow, my heart rate picked up as he stood up and walks towards me "My love" He whispers placing a kiss upon my cheek "I thought you would be able to get away from your pack" He strokes my cheek gently, making me blush "I'm glad you did, now we can enjoy our date"

I gasped at the word date.... I'm dreaming aren't I.. I have to be, A date with my imprint is dangerous. I mean we could get caught and then my secret would be out "This isn't a good idea" I say taking a step back.

Emmett frowns at me "Why not baby?"

"The pack will find us" I shakily replied.

"We have been avoiding them for month now love" He tells me, making me look at him in confusion.... Months, no that can't be right "And if they do find out, it not like there can kill me right" He took a breath "I am your imprint" He takes a step forward and pulls me into his embrace "It's your top law... no imprint are allowed to be harmed by the pack"

"I know" I nod my head, still not believing what was happening right now. He takes my hand and leads me over to the blanket.

"You want to dance?" He asks, not waiting for a reply he turns on a portable CD player "Our song baby"

"When I look into your eyes"

Emmett walks over to me and pulls me into his arms, and begin to slow dance

"It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are

How old is your soul?"

Emmett let out a laugh at the last part and twirled me around, then back to him, his eyes never once left mine.

"Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up"

In that moment, I knew the song was perfect for us, we were both different supernatural creatures but that didn't matter. All that matters was that we love each other.

"And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find"

"Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up"

He once again twirled me but this time as I came back, he picked me up bridal style and spin me around, I let out a giggle and snuggled my head into his chest for a moment, enjoying the closeness before being place back to the ground.

"I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am"

He places his head on top of mine and held me close to him, his grip on me tightened; like I was going to disappear from existent

"I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up."

"Well, I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)"

"I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up"

The song had finished and me and Emmett stared at on another, still chest to chest. We both lean forward for a kiss, when the growl ripped through the air..... And out steps a Silver wolf...... Paul Lahote.

I quickly took a step back, looking a Emmett with sad eyes "Oh no" I whimpered, moments later we were surrounded by the pack "Please just listen" I begged, earning a growl from my pack members. Paul took the first step forward making me take one step back with Emmett "No, please" I sobbed.

"I love you" Emmett whispered, he leans forwards and places a gentle kiss on my lips, before looking at the pack and running.

"EMMETT!!!" I screamed as I watched the pack run after him.... I froze, my heart broke at the sound of his screams "NOOOOOOO!!!!" I fell to the floor in pain.... My imprint was dead

I shot up and screamed "Hey" I heard my brothers voice as he pulls me to him and began to stroke my hair "It's okay baby girl" he cooed softly to me "It was just a dream" I paused a moment to noticed I was at Emily's house, in the spare room. I took a deep breath and buried my head into my brother chest.... It was dream, Emmett's alive and my pack still doesn't know.

But how can I be sure that the dream wouldn't come true?