~ Chapter 18 ~

We both stood in silence away from the group, Sam's eyes scanned over my face; I could see his mind ticking on how to approach the topic. I sighed softly running my fingers through my hair "Lets have it then" I say breaking the silence. He was taking to long to speak, making me more nervous; which wasn't helping my wolf either, I just wanted to shift and sprint to the treaty line and check on Emmett.

The thought of my imprint in pain because of me again was heartbreaking, I needed to see if he was okay for myself.

Sam's face went blank from all emotions, he took a step forward narrowing his eyes at me; he was in alpha mode right now "Taylor" He started, letting out a shaky breath he finally spoke the words I longed to tell the pack "Emmett Cullen, is he your imprint?"

I stared at the man in front of me, in the time we had spent together he become another loving brother, tears formed in my eyes as I looked to the ground. I was preparing for the rejection of one of my brothers, I felt Sam's hand under my chin, I lifted my head and stared at him.

Sam's face fell, I guess the emotion on my face told him the truth. However he wanted me to confirm or maybe accept that he was my imprint; the truth is I accepted him the moment our eyes met, I just didn't know it "Yes" I whispered then a sob escaped my lips "Please don't hate me" I begged him.

Sam's eyes softened at my reaction "Oh Taylor" He pulls me into his arms, my face buried into his chest, My tears wouldn't stop "I could never hate you sweetie" He pulls away and looks at me, he uses his hand to wipe away my fallen tears "We both know we have no choice in who we are paired with" I nod my head knowing he was right. . . It's not like I wanted it to happen, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Emmett means everything to me and I should hope he would feel the same.

"Is this why you wouldn't tell us?" Sam asked, I only responded with a nod "And is it also why you wanted to fight it so hard?" Once again I responded with a nod, Sam let out a chuckle "You know your going to have to talk to me sis"

"I'm sorry" I croaked out.

"Whatever for?"

I sniffed and pulled out of his arms "I don't really know" I let out a little laugh, earning a smile from Sam "I didn't want to tell you because I was scared of what you would think"

"Oh, wow" Sam muttered, making me look at him confused "Taylor Lahote scared" I let out a shaky laugh "Never thought I would see that day"

I took a deep breath "You know" I started, looking anywhere but Sam "I was wrong about the imprint thing" I admitted "It really is a wonderful thing"

"Double wow" Sam laughed "First scared, now admitting your wrong" He looked me over "Who are you and what have you do with Taylor" I playfully pushed him making him move a little.

"Hey I'm still a bad ass Lahote" Sam sent me a look making me sigh "Okay fine, maybe I'm a lot calmer but that's all down to Emmett"

Sam smiled wide as my face brightened up at the name of my imprint "You know you could have come to me and explained why you were trying to reject your imprint" He says raising his hand and placing it on my shoulder "I wouldn't have judged and I know how to keep things from the pack"

"I know and I'm sorry about that" I moved away from Sam and found a stone to sit on; Sam walks over and sits next to me "Why did I imprint on a vampire Sam?"

"I don't know baby girl" He told me softly "I'm sure the spirits know what their doing"

"I hope your right" I sighed and look on at the sunset, it was truly a amazing sight to see at the beach "Thank you for understanding"

"I understand Tay and so will Jared" He said, standing up and held his hand out for me to take "However your brother and the others" He paused a moment, my heart sank at telling them the truth.

"I know" My vision once again burnt with tears "I can only hope in time they will forgive me" I took Sam hand and we began to head back to the pack.

"How about I call the leader of his coven and ask if you can go over to see Emmett and make sure he is fine" Sam offered, he knew I wanted more then anything to see him again.

"Really?" I squealed making him laugh.

"Of course Tay" I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly whiles muttering 'thank you' over and over again "Anything for you sis" He places a kiss on my forehead and puts his arm over my shoulder, my smile never left my face for the rest of the night.

All I hoped for was that Emmett's leader agrees to me being over there.