~ Chapter 49 ~

I felt an arm tightened around my waist as I began to stir from my sleep, I purred in delight as I breathed in the scent of my imprint. I tucked my head into his neck, my breath tickled him, making him laugh "Good morning baby" He says, I lift my head to look up at him, he places a kiss on my forehead.

"Hmm" My brain was re playing last night over and over again, it was the best night of my life. I stare into Emmett beautiful golden eyes "Thank you for last night" I whisper, a smile appears on his lips.

Emmett raises his hand and places it on my cheek and gently strokes it, I lean my heads into his touch. After last night, his touch was all that I wanted "Your welcome baby" I let out a small sigh, I was enjoying this amazing moment between us both. I watched in confusion as Emmett began to my body with a worry look clouding his eyes "I-" He heisted a moment "I didn't hurt you did I?"

I now understood his worry, all through out our night he was been gentle and not too rough "No" I lean forward and pecked his lips "It was perfect" Emmett's eyes lit up, he moves to me, his hand cupping my cheek. 

Before our lips could meet a bang on the door made us separate "Taylor get up" I roll my eyes at my brothers orders "You have patrol with Collin" I groaned, I forgot about that "Don't keep him waiting"

"Cock block" I mumbled, I let out a snarl as I heard my brother chuckling to himself "I'm going to kill him one day" I look to Emmett, he looked highly amused at the situation.

"Do worry we have all the time in the world to be together" My heart melted at his words, I nod knowing the truth in them "I will see you after your patrol for training" Emmett pecks my lips and crawl out of my bed, I groan and scan him, he was just perfect.

"So handsome" I mumble, my eyes travel back up to his face, Emmett smiles brightly at me then carried on getting dressed. I felt hot and bothered just watching him. . . . Stupid patrol. 

Emmett comes over to me, his hand brushed against my cheek "I love you" He plants his lips upon mine, his tongue invaded my mouth causing me to moan, he pulls away too soon, I whimper at the lost of contact "That's just a teaser for later" He winks and jumps out of my window.

"Jackass" I growled out, I quickly dressed myself and rushed down the stairs. I wanted to avoid Paul at all cost right now, I know he would have something to say to me about last night. I passed the living room to see my brother laid out on the sofa watching football. He smirks and shots me a wink "Not a word" I warned him.

I didn't give him time to answer because I was out the door, I began to strip as I got to the edge of the forest. I took a breath and cleared my mind off last night, Collin didn't need to see what his mother/sister was up to last night. I felt my bones crack into place, my body sprouted fur, in a matter of moments I was on all fours.

"Taylor?"

"I'm here sweetie" I looked into his mind to see him a few miles out from the Clearwater's, I took off running to where he was "Stay where you are pup, I'm coming to you"

"Ok" He sound so timid right now, I could hear the nerves, I understood why he had them, the first patrol is always scary; you would never know if you would catch the scent of a vampire or just be running around for a few hours only talking to your patrol buddy and even that could get annoying.

I slowed down as I came closer, I closed my mind a little. I caught view of Collin, I watched as he lifted his nose in the air, taking a sniff. I ducked as his head snapped in my direction, I saw him tilt his head in confusion, I felt him trying to talk to me. A branch snaps to the side of Collin. . . . I snap my head up, my ears pricked, my sense immediately went on alert, I went to move from my places and check out the sound; however a rabbit popped out from the very place the sound came from.

I felt Collin relax through our bond "Taylor where are you?"

"I'm nearly there" I replied, I had planned to attack him to see how he response to an surprise attack but I he was feeling uncomfortable, I know he needed me there calm him. I took a step forward only for my body to freeze up, I took a sniff and growled. . . . Vampire.

"COLLIN!" I screamed out, I watch as two vampire's headed for my pup. I let out a howl calling for the pack, I snarled as a black haired girl started to jumped down from the tree too land on top of Collin. I wasted no time in flinging myself into the air and collided into the female.

"Stupid mutt" She sneered, she kicks me off her, I went flying into the air and into Collin "She forgot to warn us about you mutts" I just stared at her, not knowing what she was on about.

"Taylor" Collin whimpered, I quickly stood up, taking my weight off him, I brushed my nose against face "I don't like this"  

"I will get you out of this baby" I shot him a quick look and then turned my attention to the vampire, her partner had joined her on the ground; he was blonde and looked like his was middle aged "I promise"

I took a step forward and snapped my jaw "Are you trying to scare us?" The women taunted me. . . . Not the best thing you do to a uncontrollable shifter "Does the doggie want a bone" I snarled at her, my claws digging into the ground. I went to attack her when I saw the movement of the male out of the corner of my eye, he was moving closer to Collin. Each step I took toward the female the closer he was to my pup.

Where the hell was the pack "Collin, howl" I ordered, as he howled, I changed my attack and pounced on the male. He screamed out as I ripped off his arm "Go for his body parts Collin"

As we ripped the male the women screamed in anger "Attack now" I froze on my spot as three more vampire came running through the bushes. . . . I took a step back, making sure to protect Collin.

"Taylor"

"Collin" I let out a breath of relief at the sound of my pack mates.

"Sam we are near Leah's and Seth's home" I growled and took my fighting stance, I let out breath and then attacked, I hope I could hold them off long enough for my pack arrives. . . . Even if that mean me getting hurting the process. I took out the female that just arrived within a second, she was hardly a fighter.

I went for the other male but paused at the sound of my pup whimpering "COLLIN" I screamed out along with the pack, I saw the dark haired female fling Collin across the forest. My vision blurred, I just snapped, I raced toward the bitch with no plan in my mind at how I would destroy her. I just wanted her gone but I couldn't think clearly, I snapped my jaw hoping to make my mark but each time I failed, I could feel the pack and Collin trying to get me to calm down but I wouldn't. . . . Not until this vampire was dead.

It wasn't until I felt the pain in my side did I know I was in the wrong, I let the anger control me and now I was paying the price. I whimpered and howled as the arms around tightened, I watched as Collin pulled the women off of me. . . . However, the damaged had being done.

"TAYLOR" I heard my pack call out, my brother been the loudest. However, I couldn't move, my vision was blurred, I struggled just to even breath at that point, I couldn't even think straight. I wanted to get back up and finish my fight but I had none left in me. I felt relief in me as I saw the outline of my pack coming to aid me and Collin.

"Taylor" I heard a angel whisper, I tried to keep my eyes open but it was nearly impossible "Baby please" 

"Sis" A dozen voices called out.

A pained smile worked it way upon my lips, my imprint was here along with my pack. It was ok to give in, I took once last look at the figures in front of me before I fell into total darkness.