~ Chapter 31 ~

The packs thoughts invaded my mind, some of them now understood why I didn't want to say anything. While a few were angry at me; all I cared for was my brother reaction.

His mind was blank, I couldn't hear him. His eyes stared me down, there was no emotion, movement or even blinking from him.

I think he was in shock.

"Paul" I called out softly to him in hope off knocking him out of his state. However, it hadn't worked or so I thought.

Finally after a minute or so my brother spoke up "Taylor" He whispers his eyes shimmer with tears as he looks between me and Emmett before hardening. My throat closed up at his reaction, I knew he was finding it hard to accept. Paul lets out a snarl and dug his claw into the ground "How could you keep this a secret for so long?" He snaps at me.

I whined and lower my head in shame "I was going to tell you earlier" I told him earning another growl from my brother.

"That wasn't the answer to my question Taylor!"

"I thought you wouldn't love me anymore" I whimpered, a lone tear escaped my eye "I didn't want to lose you and the pack"

"I wouldn't know what I would of done but I would of still loved you" He shot back "Your my sister" his eyes narrowed at the sight of my imprint placing his hand upon my head, I purred in delight at his hands rubbing behind my ears.

"I don't need to hear this" Paul snarled, I quickly tried to hide my thoughts off the time me and Emmett spent. However, not all of them we so easily hidden, I watch Paul's eyes soften "You look happy?"

"I am" I move away from my imprint and towards my brother, I knew Emmett was safe now. My brother seemed calm enough, I know he hadn't quite accepted it but what could he do.

An imprint was to be protected.

As I went to rub my head against my brothers nuzzle a grey figure flew by me "EMBRY NO!!!" Sam screams out, my body shifted back around to Emmett, just in time to see Embry collide with him.

"You filth" He snarled, snapping his jaw at Emmett, he was trying to go for his neck but Emmett used his arms and his vampire strength to prevent that "She's mine" I growl darkly and rush forward, I jumped and pounced on Embry sending him to the ground.

"I was NEVER your" I snarled slowly walking over to him "I will NEVER be yours" Embry stood up and faced me, he snaps his jaw trying to intimated me. . . . But come on I was Taylor Lahote it took a lot more then a experience pup to do such a thing.

My final words set him off "I love him" In that moment Embry's eyes darken and a snarl let his mouth, I knew a fight was going to happen. I look over at Emmett to see him been helped up by Sam, I go over to him.

"What are you doing Lahote running from a fight?" He taunted me, I ignored him for a moment, Emmett needed to get back on his side of the treaty line.

He would be safe there. . . . I hope.

I nudge my head against his leg and gently pushed him in the direction of the treaty line "I'm not leaving you" He whispers, I let out a soft whine, pleading him to do as I say. Emmett sighs before bending down and places a kiss on my snout "Please be safe" I nod my head.

"Sam" I call out for my pack brother and alpha "Could you make sure he stays there?" I asked.

"I will Tay" Sam rubs his nose on my side "He is protected by us" I nod and turn to face Embry, I had hardly anytime to prepare before I was knocked to the ground, half a mile away from the pack.

"Taylor!" I heard my pack brothers and sister call out, I slowly got up and shook of the pain in my side. I growled at Embry, my claw came out and I crouched lowly to the ground and waited for him to attack.

I'll show him what happens when he messes with a Lahote imprint.

Embry grinned, a growl left his throat "Lets begin" He says as he sprints over to me, he tries and bites me but I dodge his attack by leaping over his body. As a female I had the speed, while Embry had the strength. However, he didn't know how to use his advantage just yet. Embry growled in frustration at the miss attack, before he could turn around I landed on top of him and sunk my teeth into his shoulders, this earned me a whimper from Embry.

I felt Embry jerk around trying to get me off his back, this caused me to dig my claws into his fur for better grip "Had enough yet?" I growled out, hoping he would submit to me and end this pointless fight.

"No!" He snaps and buck backward sending me flying off his back and into a tree, I whimper in pain but I couldn't back down.

"TAYLOR!" I heard the soothing voice of my imprint call out, I stood up and look in his direction, I sent him the best 'I'm okay' look I could then turn my attention back to Embry.

It was time to finish this.

I snarled loudly and slowly walked towards Embry, my jaw snaps in front of his, I saw a hint of fear in his eyes "You better be afraid" I send him in a dark tone. It was like Embry lost all fight as I pinned him to the ground on his back, he whimpered as I hovered over him "Submit"

Embry nods and places his snout at my neck, ending this fight. I jump of him and look over at my pack, I start to walk over to my brother when I hear the pack and the Cullen's scream my name. I turn to see Embry flying at me, before I had the chance to react and blurred figure crashes into him, Embry's body flies through the air and smashes into a tree, knocking him out "Stay away from my mate" He sneers.

My heart warms, my imprint just saved me from some injuries. I rush over to him, he bends down and hugs my neck "I was so worried about you" I move from his grip and lick his cheek.

A growl pulls me away from the moment me and Emmett where sharing, my brother was looking between us "I would like to meet him in person" I narrowed my eyes at him "I only want to say a few words or maybe more" He says.

What harm could it do, I nod my head and look to my imprint. I let out a bark and walk towards the bushes to change back along with my brother and some of the pack.

Paul was about to speak with my imprint for the first time, I hope it doesn't end in violence.

A/N: Merry Christmas!!! :D