Chapter 17

Shane's POV

I stared silently at Ally, tearing up at the sight of her wounds. Luckily, the only serious injury she acquired was a broken arm. God was definitely with this girl. Tyler stayed back for the most part, but I ran up to her right away. I kneeled down next to her and examined her bruised and scratched up body. Even with that, shes still out of my league.

I reached my hand out and tucked her hair behind her ear, forgetting that Tyler was there. I almost leaned in to kiss her, but Tyler interupted.

"Ally, are you okay?" He asked.
"What kind of question is that? Of course she's not okay! That shit must've hurt like Hell!" I have to admit that probably wasn't the best response, but I couldn't help it.

"It acually isn't that bad with all the pain pills." I heard her say softly.
"Well, what am I supposed to say? She was leaving my house! I know you don't think I have feelings but, believe it or not, I do!"

"Wait, what are you talking about? Do you guys know each other?" We both froze. I really didn't want to tell her that her boyfriend is a complete douche, but I knew I had to sometime.

"We went to the same high school." I said getting cut off by Tyler.
"And we'll leave it at that, for now."
"Will we?" I asked. He got really close to me and moved me over to the side.
"You aren't telling her anything or bad things will happen, got it?" He whispered. I nodded, but was planning on telling her anyway. She had the right to know.

We heard a buzz and Tyler grabbed his phone.
"Oh, shit. I have to go." He said. I peeked at his phone and saw a message from a girl named Emily that said "Hey where are you? I've been waiting for a half an hour. Are you coming?"

A girl saying that Tyler's late for something. Seems to me like Tyler hasn't changed at all. He walked over to Ally and started making out with her. There was a lot of unnecessary tongue action but, who am I to judge?

He finally left and Ally imeadiatly asked about how we knew each other. I smiled at her curiosity.

"We went to the same high school."
"Really? What was he like?"
"That's what he wanted to hide. You know how there's always that one guy in high school that all the girls drool over?" I asked, hoping she'd know what I'm getting at.

"Wow. I should've known he was Mr. Popular."
"Well, that guy really plays with girls and I'm not talking monopoly." She smiled, and I couldn't help, but smile back.
"But people can change." She said.
"Can they?"