Chapter 22

Shane's POV

"Not to intrude, but why have you been acting weird?" I said.
"What are you talking about?" Tara said, blushing again.
"That."
"Well, whatever it is, it's probably just the pregnancy hormones."

I looked away from her and at the darkness of the TV. It's refreshing to see black against all of the white through the rest of the hospital.

I had never seen her blush before during high school and that can be a pretty blush-worthy time. Except one time when she had a major crush on a guy.

But she could never have a crush on me. We've known each other forever.

"Hey, earth to Shane. Are you alright?"
"Yeah...yeah, I'm fine." I said. "Where's Alison?"

"I saw Tyler taking her out of the hospital. She didn't look too happy about it. Shane, he's not the gentlemen you are. I think you should go. If you care about her you have to save her."

"How did you know?"

"I've seen the way you look at her. It's the way you looked at taco bell as a kid. You love her. Go to her."

"But what about you?"

"Don't worry about me I'm in a freaking hospital, what could happen?"

"You're right. I have to get out of here."

Alison's POV

He was driving me to his place. He opened the door and shouted at me to get out.

"Why are we here? Can I just please go home?" I said in tears. He stomped over to the passengers side and opened the door. He grabbed my wrist as hard as he could and dragged me out.

"Your house is crap." He said through clenched teeth.

We stepped onto the elevator. Tyler grabbed me and hugged me as I cried. There were other people in the elevator. He probably didn't want to look like the monster he truly is. He kept a firm grip on my wrist as we came to his floor.

He pulled my into his apartment.

"W-what are you going to do?" I said with a lump in my throat.

"I'm going to make you pay for being a fucking slut!" He said slapping my damp cheek, "you know what they say, karma's a bitch."