Prologue. A Goodbye Kiss

Virgo ~ Although your goal is to let someone in your love life know that you're attracted to them, your overly enthusiastic approach may deliver the wrong message if you're not careful today.

*~*~*

THE OMINOUS WORDS FROM my morning horoscope flashed in front of my eyes as Sofia's lips landed on mine. Would kissing her back count as an "overly enthusiastic approach"? After all, she had been the one to stand on tip-toe and caress my cheek. She had been the one to close the distance between us.

I kissed her back sheepishly, softly, cautious about the prediction coming true. I didn't want to break this magic.

After so many months, her lips were still as plump and sweet as I remembered them to be. And they still revived butterflies in my stomach. I dared to raise my hand to her cheek then run it through her long hair that she had exceptionally straightened tonight.

How lucky was I to have her kiss me tonight, so many months after our break-up?

"Olivia!"

I pulled back from the kiss upon hearing such a much familiar voice coming from the nearby corridor. Sofia probably wouldn't want Jenn, the new friend she had made this year, to know about us. The thing we used to have and the thing we were having now.

There wasn't any alcohol at prom tonight, unless some idiots had sneaked some in and poured it in the cocktail bowl without my notice, yet I felt dizzy and confused. I lowered down my eyes to Sofia, who was more stunning than ever in her burgundy velvet dress: I could bet on the fact that she was actually the cause of my confusion.

And her lips too, her lips were the cause of my confusion.

She had dumped me six months ago and had shown nothing but disdain since. So I couldn't believe my ears when I had heard her call my name from the other side of the corridor earlier. As the Student Council President,I was supposed to supervise everything tonight but I had dropped everything I was doing, just to hear what she had to say.

This was how attached I still was to her.

But how could I regret obeying her when that kissed happen? When she had been the one to initiate it after telling me some things had been left unresolved?

"Was this Jenn's voice?" she whispered, faltering back. Regret was suddenly painted all over her traits and I felt my stomach turn upside-down.

"I believe it was." I nodded, trying not to let myself be overwhelmed by the negative vibes which radiated from her. She hated that kiss. Or if she didn't hate the kiss, she hated the fact that she had kissed me.

"Okay, well... I'm sorry, Jane." She sputtered while continuing to walk away from me, hiding her mouth behind her hand. "I don't know why I did that, I think I have a fever tonight."

I kept my lips pursed, feeling like I was living our break-up all over again. And it hurt as much as the first time, especially when these next four words escaped her mouth:

"It was a mistake."

*~*~*

I was the one who suggested to my step-sister Vanessa that we should tag along at Alejandro's prom after-party. Alejandro Gonzales was this fencing champion who had won a gold medal at the Junior Olympics. He wasn't really my friend and neither Vanessa nor I were too fond of his personality but he threw the best parties.

So I decided I had to go. I had to get drunk. To forget about Sofia, about our kiss, about our break-up, about the fact that she had been crowned Prom Queen like she deserved it. I would drink so much as to forget about her perfect features, about her radiant smile, about her vibrant personality. I would drink as much as possible...

... and I did.

*~*~*

A/N: And here is THE PROLOGUE, guys!!! I know it's short, I know it's not that great but I had to make a bridge between the spin-off that I started writing a few days ago and the epilogue that I made up afterwards on The Mailbox Girl.

The "real" first chapter will be the next ^__^

You can already tell me your thoughts on this! Have you ever experienced a bad break-up? Not being able to get over an ex?

Even if you did, I hope you didn't drink your sadness away like Jane did! Drink with moderation guys :)

Anyway, please vote or comment if you liked this first chapter and most importantly, have a nice day ^__^