1. Drunk Mistake [Updated longer version]

It had sent.

I HAD WOKE UP THE next morning with the sun hitting my face right through the window of my newly acquired car. Last night party had been a huge mess and for once, I had contributed to it. Shouldn't have.

Drinking as much as to forget about most of the events wasn't a good thing.Especially when one of those events included sending a pathetic text to my ex-girlfriend.

My mind still blurry, I typed on Google "how to get a text back?". I hoped they would understand this question in my drunk-state. Google had good algorithms, they must had good answers. I squinted at my screen which was both way too bright and way too small this morning.

There was no answer to my question. I mean, there were answers. They simply didn't apply to my problem. This huge problem, this huge huge problem, this "I still love you" text to Sofia.

Thankfully, she hadn't read it yet. Or she had her read receipts turned off. Sofia was never the kind to want other people to know what she was doing. I remembered her best-friend constantly complaining about replying to her texts hours later.

She had never done that to me. She was actually the one to text me all the time. She would double-text, sending memes over or giving me book suggestions; saying she loved me or how beautiful she thought I was.

It had changed so suddenly, she had changed so suddenly that I didn't see the break-up coming. One December morning last year, she decided she was over with me. I never understood the sudden change of mind. After two blessed years, I had imagined she would be the love of my life. When gay marriage had passed nationally, I had pictured myself walking down the aisle to her in an immaculate gown.

But few people were lucky enough to marry their first love and I had come to that realization after a few months. People our age, teenagers, broke up all the time. And they moved on, and met new people and got married later in life. So why couldn't I move on? Why was Sofia still on my mind after so many months?

This wasn't right.

I heard the sound before the smell hit my nostrils. Vanessa, who I hadn't noticed until then probably because I was still highly intoxicated, was lying at the back of the car. And she had just thrown up. As if she had never really woke up, she laid back on the back seat after emptying all her insides on the brand new carpet of my brand new car.

I rolled all the windows open so the smell wouldn't be so strong anymore and carefully put the ignition on. It took me twenty minutes to drive back home when it was usually a five minutes ride from Alejandro's house to ours. But we made it intact. Which was my main goal.

I wasn't intoxicated to the point where I would start driving unsafely.

Dawn was soon over and my poorly parked car wasn't hidden by the dim light of the last minutes of night anymore. Soon enough, Mrs Hills, the most curious neighbour in history of curious neighbours, would get her binoculars and spy on Vanessa and I.

I had around five minutes left to get Vanessa safely back home and clean up all the mess she had made in my brand new car. Why had I thought it'd be great to take it on an inaugural ride to a prom after party again? I couldn't recall how my mind had decided on it being a good idea.

Waking Vanessa up and convincing her to actually get out of the car took in itself three long minutes. The next one was spent half-carrying her heavy body inside the house. I dropped her on the first flights of steps inside the house and rushed back outside with cleaning supplies. Mrs Hills didn't seem to be at her window yet.