16. Hungover

It's no surprise that I woke up the next day with one hell of a hangover.

My blood was beating hard and fast against my temples, and opening my eyes in the slightest bit made it ten times worse. It took approximately ten minutes to get used to the brightness of the sun-bathed room then another ten more to decide if I actually wanted to get out of bed.

In the end, I decided on checking my horoscope. For once I hoped that it would only predict bad things so I could stay in bed and sleep the whole day away.

But as always lately, luck was not on my side:

Virgo ~ Go ahead and think big; let your vision of your perfect world percolate. Whatever you'd like to see changed in your work life, your relationships or your living situation is likely a lot closer than you think. Find away to communicate.

The taste of Sofia's lips flashed back in my mind. I had a vision of a perfect world and it included her, me and a bond that I thought had been severed long ago.

Despite the comfort brought by the horoscope, I still didn't allow myself to "think big". Last night, Sofia was drunk. I was drunk. She probably never wanted to talk about that kiss again, as magical as it had been.

Did she feel the spark as I did?

Did heat ignite her lower belly as our tongues had first brushed against one another?

Did-

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Sofia?!

My heart started thumping fast against my rib cage. Could it really be her, knocking at my door that early in the morning? Could she-

"Hey, bitch! Open the door!"

Alright. I recognized this voice. And it was not Sofia's.

I reluctantly stepped out of bed, leaving the warmness of my sheets. I should have just slept through Jasmine's knocks. It was Sunday after all, one should not wake up anybody else so early in the morning.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" Jasmine rushed inside as soon as I opened the door, her long black hair flowing around her like a dark waterfall.

"Way too early." I guessed.

"Bitch, please." She walked straight to the window and opened it. "It's three in the afternoon, you missed your daily jog with Demarcus and he won't stop bugging me to check on you if you're alive. It's a good thing I came though, because it stinks so much in this room you might have ended dying by intoxication in your sleep."

I discreetly sniffed around. What smell was she even talking about? My room never stank. It was almost one of my life's principles.

"He also said you had to work together on some project and he can't do it without you so you'll have to move your ass to the library and work with him.Alright?"

"What's the deal with Demarcus, by the way?" I asked while passing my fingers through strands of ginger hair. What was this sticky- Was that a Twinkie in my hair? I pulled the disgusting thing out, but some cream managed to remain stuck. I didn't even remember eating a Twinkie last night. I didn't even remember there being Twinkies at the party at all!

"There's no deal with Demarcus."

"Well, Ariel said your date was horrible yet you still talk."

Jasmine let out a big sigh before leaning against my desk. She crossed her lean and tanned arms over her chest.

"Well, the thing is... He is the worst kisser ever." I managed not to laugh. "The thing is, I've never had as much fun on the first date than with him. He even agreed on shooting a few pictures of me for IG. See the dilemna?"