Chapter 2

The sixteen of us were sitting on the bleachers as we waited for Coach to call the names of the girls who had made it. Typically ten or twelve were chosen. It all depended on how well everyone did.

As she lists off names I only listen for two. Finally I hear, "Elizabeth Gray, and last but certainly not least Cassandra Stone! Now everyone tomorrow practice starts at three right here in the gym. Everyone who wants to try out for Captain please stay."

Me, Emmi, and three other girls stayed behind. Five out of twelve. This would be interesting.

I watched the other girls do their routines. As Emmi finished I had heard the guys come out of the weightroom and sit on the bleachers down from us.

As I step up to do my routine I hear Phil go, "Come on Cassi baby you can do this!"

I try not to laugh as I sit down in my pose on the floor and wait for my music to start. As I dance I know everyones eyes are on me. So I do my best. When I'm done the boys are hollaring and the girls are clapping along with Coach. I look up to see the cheerleaders at the gym doors glaring. They had been kicked out to work in the field house around the inside track.

As I walk over to the dance team members I look at Coach.

"Okay girls you were all wonderful but I think we all know it's obvious that Cassandra has gotten Captain. I also would like to name Elizabeth Co-Captain. Congrats girls!"

I jump up and down with Emmi for a minute before running over to Phil and Jay.

"You two were amazing!"

Phil picks me up and twirls me around while Emmi gets lifted over Jay's shoulder.

"Now that I know your friend is so flexible I'm gonna steal her Cassi. Hope that's okay."

"Eww Jay put Emmi down. She doesn't want a man whore like you."

He just laughs and turns toward the group of cheerleaders, "Hey Calli I'll drive you and Sadie home."

She nods and starts following him out while Sadie sucks on Nikko's face and I go into the locker room to change. A few minutes later I walk out and I'm shoved against the wall.

"How did you know I slept around?"

I look up to find Nikko towering over me.

"Um a guess. I mean you're sleeping with Sadie and she's a whore so I made an educated guess and thought you must be one too."

He frowns, "Oh. So then you really don't remember anything?"

"No. I'm sorry I don't. I wish I did."

"Oh," he bites his lip and pulls away, "Well I guess I'll see you at dinner tonight."

I shrug until I realize what he said, "Tonight? Tonight is when my parents are meeting Chase."

"Yes and I just got a text message that the Gray's have been invited over for dinner at the Alpha's home. So I will seee you in mm," he looks at his phone, "About an hour at most."

Then he leaves.

As soon as I get home I jump in the shower and wash away all the sweat I had worked up in practice. I go into my closet and decide on an outfit. Another black body con skirt and a silky low white v-neck. Quickly I blow my hair dry and put on some light makeup before slipping on my silver flats. When I come downstairs I hear my mom yell at me to answer the door.

Stupid wolf senses. She could sense them before the door bell even rang. I open it up and immediately Phil picks me up.

"Okay Phil please put Cassandra down," his mom sighs.